Chapter #37

Nala's Voice: Previously on Just the way you are...

What he said next set me off...

"And w-we kissed..."

························································

=Princeton P.O.V=

I am terrified right now.

I should of never came here.

I should have stayed home and let this guilt eat me away.

I don't deserve him. He doesn't need me.

This whole thing should have never started in the first place. If only I hadn't blabbed my feelings to him, we would never be where we are today.

He sat there and stared at me. He just stared. Didn't say a word. Didn't move a muscle. Ray is one of those people where they don't react on impulse. He can be livid, furious, totally and completely pissed off but you could never tell, by their calm demeanor. It's the scariest shit I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

He looked away from me for a minute, placed his palm on his mouth then glanced back at me. My heart was pounding, I've never been through this before. This is the type of stuff you see on TV. It was dead silent.

He stared at me for a few more seconds then finally spoke, "What did you just say?"

I scooted closer to him, "Babe...it was a mistake, I promise! I-I never meant for it to happen!" I tried to hold his hand but he pushed me away and stood up over me.

"Nah, nah hold up, rewind, go back...You kissed him?" his voice started to get louder. I was slowly breaking down.

I quickly shook my head, "No! He kissed me!"

He scoffed and crossed his arms, "So this is what you do Prince? Huh? Going behind my back? After everything, man, everything. You do this?"

"Rayan plea--"

"And here I am, worrying about Zonnique and how I'm gone deal with tellin' our parents, our friends, every fuckin body about us, Prince! And you go kiss and hug on other niggas? On a nigga you know I don't like?!" Ray semi-yelled as I stood up and tried to get closer to him. He kept backing away, making my heart drop inch by inch.

I never wanted to hurt him. This is by far the worst I've ever felt. I hate making people upset, especially the ones that I love.

"You know I don't like that motherfucka! You know that! Ever since you've been talkin' to him, ever since you fuckin' met him; I didn't like him! Like this is the biggest damn backstab I have ever received!" he shook his head disappointingly at me. I can see the hurt and anger building up as we speak.

"Ray I'm sorry..." I breathed. He started pacing back and forth across the room. Breathing heavily, he glared at me, making me bite my lips, "You should be. Gone come up in my room with this bullshit, I can't believe you."

"Look its not like I asked for it,okay? You think I want to hurt you? Huh?"

He sarcastically chuckled at me, "Oh don't give me that innocent bullshit! Don't try, don't do that!"

"I fuckin' love you with everything in my heart, alright! I've grown to care about you, Ray!"

He turned around and stood a foot away from me, "Obviously not enough to where you not respecting my wishes to not be around him"

I scoffed, "Oh whatever, Ray." I was on the verge of saying something else when I back tracked on something he just said. Or should I say someone?