Chapter #23

_Some time afterwards_

__Mickey__ P.O.V.

"The sun is out and I'm feelin' okay. I hope you have a wonderful day!"

I scoffed, "Are you done yet?"

He held the screen close to his face and watched as the vine replayed itself. Once it replayed, a smile stretched across his face.

"Yeah, I'm done"

I rolled my eyes, "Good"

"I just had to make sure it was right, babe"

I turned towards him, "37 times, Chres?"

He blew out air, "It was not 37 tim--"

"Uh yeah it was! I counted."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Forreal?"

I quickly nodded.

He looked to the side and his face was blank. He's thinking. It literally was 37 times, it was getting on my nerves. But he seems to like that vine shit, so I'll let it be. Some of them are actually kinda funny. Like it amazes me how much someone can do in six seconds.

"Oh I'm sorry, Mick. I'll stop if you want me to." he wrapped his arms around my neck and brought his lips to my cheek.

My face grew warm and I turned away from him. Here we go with this blushing shit. I done told him to quit, now. This is just ridiculous.

"Aww, is somebody a little pink in the face?" he joked as he poked my cheek. I tried to pull away from him.

"No stop, get off me" I giggled.

"Aye if you want, you could be in the next one. Is that cool?"

I stopped wriggling in his embrace and looked back him. "...Really?"

"Yeah" he laughed.

I thought about it. Then I shrugged it off, "Okay..."

He chuckled loudly and held me tighter, "That's my baby" I laughed along with him, feeling my heart pump a little faster. These are the moments I adore.

"You know Mickey, we--"

AGE AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A NUMBER. THROWIN DOWN AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A THANG. THIS LOVIN I HAVE FOR YOU, IT'LL NEVER CHANGE. AGE AIN'T--

I pulled my phone from my back pocket and looked at the caller ID. It made my face scrunch up because I didn't recognize the number at all. I looked at Chres, "You know this number?"

He leaned over to see, then shook his head, "Mm mm, that's a out of state number"

I raised my eyebrows and hesitantly pressed the answer button.

"Hello...?"

" Hey Mickey!"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the caller ID once more, "Um hello?"

"Hey girl! It's been a minute since we last spoke"

"Uh yeah, same here--" I turned to Chres, "I don't know who this is" I mouthed.

"Then hang up." he mouthed back.

"No, that's rude!"

"No, I think someone just callin' up out of the blue is rude. Hang up on they ass"

"Nah, it could be someone important!"

"Who? Bill Cosby?" he chuckled.

I put up my finger to his lips, "Shh shh, be quiet"

I put the phone back up to my ear, "Um hey uh, not to be rude or anything, but um who is this?"

"Oh c'mon silly, you know who this is"

I glanced at Chres, "Uh n-no, no I don't" I chuckled hesitantly.

The voice on the other side was a female and it did sound a bit familiar but I still couldn't put it together.

She smacked her lips, "It's me, Zonnique!"

.....

Oh damn...

_____________________________

Hey everybody!

Happy New Year, been a while since I updated but yeah here it is.

If yall remember, Prince earlier in the story mentioned that he hated Zonnique....and now she's back in the picture..

Hell yeah some shit 'bout to go down, you already know!

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW :-)

~A.K.W