Chapter #31

=Princeton P.O.V=

"I don't need you

I don't need you

I don't need you

I don't need you

But I want you...

I don't mean to

I don't mean to

I don't mean to

I don't mean to

But I love you... "

I shook my head, "Gosh, I love this song"

"Right. Jhene is so bad, bruh..."

"It's these type of songs that make you think, you know"

He took his drink from his lips, swallowed, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I mean," I pondered "It really makes you wonder what the artist is really trying to say. Like, what did they go through in order to sing those lyrics, you know? "

"You wish you could ask them yourself. You wanna experience what they went through..." He nodded.

I grinned, "Exactly! Music is everything to me."

Ray smiled at me as he took another sip of his drink. Since we were sitting adjacent from one another, he scooted closer to me. He brought his arm around my waist, pulling me in, and whispering in my ear.

"Tell me your favorite song and I'll play it all night long."

Something inside me felt warm. Warm and exciting.

"Mm, that depends..."

He kissed the side of my neck and groaned, "On what? "

I bit my lip, turning my head towards him, "When yo' mama coming home.."

I could feel his lips curling up. He quietly scoffed, "Oh."

I giggled, "Make sure your door's locked. I'll go mess with the radio. "

Before getting up, he pecked my cheek with one more kiss, "Already ahead of you."

We both stood up, going our own directions. As I heard the locks on the door click, I fiddled with Ray's old boombox. You know the ones you see on TV, in 80s movies, were people would hold it on their shoulders so the whole neighborhood could hear.

Ray claimed he got it from a garage sell, it looked good as new when he bought it, so he thought "Hell, why not? "

He's just old fashioned like that and it's one of the many things I love about him. I kept turning the dial, trying to get a clear radio signal. I finally stopped when I heard--

"I think I better

let it go

looks like another

Love T.K.O

I think I better

let it go...

looks like another

Love T.K.--"

"Awwh, shit! Keep this on" Ray grooved from side-to-side. I stepped away from the box and watched Ray have his little spotlight dance. Ha, he's so adorable.