Chapter Twelve;

CHRIS'S POV

Her beautiful brown hair is drenched as I pull her out of the water. I hand her a towel and she gives me a small smile as she takes it from me. I grab my own towel and sit down on the picnic blanket with her.

"How on earth did you find this place?" She asks. I run my fingers through my hair after I towel dried it.

"Beck usually brings his dates here, his more serious ones anyway. I thought you might like it" I say, watching her face light up at the mention of the words serious and dates. Though, I'm surprised when she doesn't say anything about it.

"Beck seems like a decent guy. What's he like?" She asks. I try to find words for Beck. He's nothing but a regular guy, really.

"He's a regular head butting, hockey loving guy. He's tough but sweet, and he's pretty decorated from his time in the army" I say. She nods her head and looks me straight in the eyes when I'm talking. She's a good listener, I know that right away.

"Beck use to be in the army?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Yep" I say, popping the p. "He and I went out with his army buds the other day. I was expecting them to be buzz kills, not trying to be mean or anything. But they turned out to be really cool guys. We even went paint balling" I say. She smiles and puts her hand on my knee.

"Tell him thanks, for everything that he has done for us" She smiles. I laugh and brush a piece of wet hair off of her face.

We look into each others eyes for a couple moments. Her ocean blue eyes have that perfect sense to them. The kind of perfect that you know you'll love forever.

Un-able to find words, I lean closer to her. I see her cheeks go red as I push my body closer towards hers. She brings her hand up to the side of my face and caresses it lightly, as I place my lips on hers.

Shock waves rush through my body. They spread like a wildfire in my hands, my cheeks, my stomach, everywhere. Lyrics fill my brain.

"They say we're too young for love, but I, am catching feelings"

I open my eyes slowly as our kiss breaks. She smiles at me and I place my arm around her. I smile as we lean back on the picnic blanket and look out over the water.

"You know, this has probably been the best night I've had in months" She tells me. She leans her head on my chest, I bet she can feel the vibrations of my voice when I speak.

"And why is that?" I ask, stroking her still soaking wet hair. She draws circles on my chest with her index fingers.

"Guy problems." She says. My heart sinks. Could she possibly be interested in another guy? She kissed me though! What if she slept around? No, she couldn't possibly be one of those girls. Could she?

"Oh? What happened?" is all I manage to choke out. She takes a deep breath before answering me.

"This guy Jeremy, he's a friend. Well, he and I talked at a party once. He kissed me at midnight on New Years eve, and after that we hung out a couple times, but never really made it anywhere. I guess I was stupid waiting for him to call, but now it doesn't matter. I'm happier with you." She tells me. I let out a breath and she laughs.

"What's funny?" I ask.

"You thought I slept around, didn't you?" She asks. I shake my head, but she smiles. I smile too, and kiss her forehead.

Before long, I decide I'd better take her home. It was getting pretty late, and she's got classes tomorrow. Though, she's graduating this week so I doubt she's doing anything important in school.