Chapter Four;

We get out of my car and walk into the mall, smelling french fries, and the smell of sweaty people as they walk past us. Of course we would pick the day that people get their paychecks on. Everyone was running around, trying to get to the book store for a new release. I think it was some book called '50 Shades Of Grey' .

"Is that whats coming out is 50 Shades of Grey?" I ask, only half knowing the answer. Janet nods her head.

"Yeah, it's suppose to be real smutty" She tells me, rubbing her hands together. "I hope I get a copy" She adds. I laugh and we walk to the book store. I knew she wanted to come here for more than just a clothing trip for me.

"You're going to get a smut book?" I ask when she opens her wallet and gets her credit card. By the way the line looks, it seems like she could read the book two times over. It'll be hours before we get up to the checkout.

"Yes I'm going to buy a smut book! This book is suppose to be très très romantic" She tells me, looking over all of the people sitting there in front of us.

"Hey listen, it looks like I'm going to be here awhile. I really want a copy of this book, so you can go shopping if you want. I'm buying your clothes, so here" She says, looking through her purse. "Take my debit card" She hands it to me and gratefully, I smile and give her a large hug.

"Thank you Janet, you're the best second mom I've ever had" I tell her, not saying she's the best mom. I couldn't possibly say that, because I love my mom to pieces.

"You better be saying second mom, because your mom is the one who gave me the money to let you shop like this" She tells me. I hug her again, and can't help but feel grateful for my mother, again.

I leave her in the book store and walk around the mall for awhile, looking for American Eagle. I look around and finally find the store.

I go in and find some lovely shirts with bright colours and cool designs. I find some jeans that would be perfect for this weekend, hanging out with Aaron. He always told me that I looked good in jeans and hats. I don't know where the hat thing came from, because I don't wear them. But, I take it as a compliment.

I walk around the mall for awhile, occasionally seeing something that I like and then buying it. I miss the times when I use to come to the malls with Aaron and he'd just randomly point out some funny things and he'd buy them for me. I'd do the same for him. It was like our thing. Gosh I can't wait to see him this weekend.

"Hey, Peyton?" A voice from behind me in the food court calls. I turn around and a smile comes onto my face immediately. I see his beautiful blue eyes and realise why I needed to call him.

"Chris!" I exclaim, running over to him and throwing my arms around his neck. He backs away instead of hugging me back.

"Sorry, I've got salad dressing all over my hands" He says. I laugh and can't help but notice how messy he is. He motions for me to sit down, as I do. A smile creeps onto his face as I laugh.

"What's funny?" He asks. I point towards the salad dressing on his lips.

"Do you want me to get that for you?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No, it's alright. I got it" He takes a napkin and wipes it off his face. It feels right being with him like this, it feels like nothing in the world could go wrong. I feel safe with him, and I wanted to keep that feeling. I wanted him to belong to me.

"I thought you wouldn't call me" He says after awhile. I realise that I'd just been staring at him for the past couple minuets. I wonder if he'd noticed.

*************************************************************************************************************

CHRIS'S POV