Chapter 37- Never Again

One year later.

I sat there looking out over Buttermere Lake. It had been a while since I had sat here by myself. I gave a large sigh as the setting sun glinted off the water which lay between the valley. I told the avengers that I needed to leave just for a little while. They understood, I was stuck never aging, and with powers not even the most scientific minds could understand. I didn’t break the news of my leaving to Bruce personally, I know that seems unfair but he would have tried to persuade me to stay and I know that would just end in tears. I Sighed and stood up, there was a lot of speculation to my whereabouts apparently I am still a hot topic in America. I smirked to myself. I needed places like this, a quiet rural area in the middle of quaint towns and villages; Cumbria was at this moment my favourite place in the world.

I closed my eyes, and felt myself move from my body. I could feel millions of minds surrounding me. I travelled across oceans to see through the eyes of Tony Stark, who at this point was being swarmed by paparazzi.

“Mr Stark do you have anything to say about liberty Davis’s whereabouts?” Tony chuckled and pulled the glasses away from our eyes.

“The only comment I have, is Liberty will return when we need her. Thank you.” Soon a question rang out that caught both of our attentions.

“What about The X-Men’s recent involvement in the search for Liberty?” We looked around nervously, as Tony slipped his sun glasses back onto his nose.

“No comment.” I delved into his mind. What had been going on?

Soon I found it.

“Hello Mr Stark.” Tony twisted around quickly spilling his drink over his cream carpeted office, in the Avengers tower.

“Jarvis!” Tony shouted,

“Sorry sir it seems my system has been hacked.” Tony slammed his glass tumbler onto his desk, and scowled at the group of uniform clad men and women in front of him.

“I take it you’re here for information on Liberty?” the one who sat at the front of the group was Professor Xavier, to his right stood a young woman, her name was Ann Marie, AKA Rogue, behind her stood an older man only by a few years. His name was Remy Lebeau AKA Gambit. Tony looked to his left to see a man white short white hair, he looked in his forties but in his eyes you could see he was much older. He was Eric Lehnsherr; he controlled magnetism much like I did, but I had electrocution and magic so I win.

“Your right Stark.” Tony nodded and sighed, he took a sip of whatever was left of his drink and smirked. “I’m sorry to say I don’t know anything, I guess you don’t believe me though, so go ahead go through my mind. I must say the only thing you will get from it will be a few memories of one night stands, and maybe a few glances of my iron man suits, but truthfully there’s not much there.” Professor Xavier stared at Tony for a few more minutes.

“He’s right he doesn’t know where she is.” Tony kept his victorious smirk on his lips.

“You won’t find her, unless she wants to be found, that kinda how it works.” Suddenly Gambit pushed past the professor and toward Tony, with a furious look into his eyes as they began to glow red.

“Gambit stop, he is not threating us, and we are not threatening him.” Gambit looked behind him at the professor and nodded.

“Yes go back to your master.” I knew what was about to happen next.  I tried to pull out of this memory as fast as possible but then it happened. Gambit twisted around and slammed his fist glowing fist into Tony’s face. Oh god that hurt. I felt the disorientation Tony did as his back slammed against the glass window of the main window of the Avengers tower. Then Eric Lehnsherr stepped forward, and raised his hand up. Using the very thing that was keeping Tony alive against him. Eric was using the metal casing of the arc reactor in Tony’s chest to push him harder against the glass.

“Eric stop this now!” Professor Xavier shouted but Magneto was not listening,

“This is now a threat Stark.” Soon the glass began to crack underneath the force. Then we were in free fall as the glass shattered, the last thing we saw inside that room, was the shocked and horrified expression on Professor Xavier’s face, and now Rogue’s. Soon Tony flipped open and tapped his metal bracelets. Soon they began to click; soon something else exited the window behind him. Soon his suit began to wrap around him.

“Welcome back Sir.” Jarvis’s voice called cheerily as the iron man helmet wrapped around our head.

“Good to be back” tony smirked, as he quickly shot up back to his office.

“Now if you don’t mind Leave my premises before things get really ugly.” Professor Xavier nodded.

“I believe we have over stayed our welcome.” He said as his wheel chair drove towards the elevator.

“There was never a welcome Professor.” Gambit smirked, and flicked a card into his palm, making it glow red in his palm.

“We’ll be seeing each other soon Stark.” His thick Creole accent shiver down my spine, it made anything he said more like a threat than a promise.

“Whatever.” Tony shrugged as the iron man mask flipped off his face. He looked at the leaving Mutants and saw a look of wrath on Eric Lehnsherr’s face, as the elevator doors shut. Tony sighed and poured himself another drink.

“Maybe you should take off the suit sir.” Jarvis suggested. Tony took a sip from his drink and sat on his dark brown leather couch.

“Well right now Jarvis I don’t feel so secure here, so I think it’s best if I just keep it on.” Tony took another sip and flipped down his iron man helmet.

“And also Jarvis it’s pretty awesome in here.” A smirk crawled onto Tony’s lips,

“As you wish sir.”

I threw myself out of Tony’s mind. I breathed heavily, well that was a lot to unfold in a few minutes. I sighed, my actions are still hurting people even when I’m not there. I pushed myself up from the ground and saw that the sun had now set, and the night was quickly engulfing any light in the world. I began to walk towards the small slate cottage I inhabited, and snapped my fingers the thick wooden door slammed open, I waved my hand through the air, the candles illuminated themselves and the fire roared to live. I looked back at the world I now lived in, and sighed, Tony was right I would come back when the Avengers needed me, which will be never again.