Chapter 24- The Father Of Lies.

“I can’t let you go back there Liberty.” I looked over my shoulder to James. I zipped up the suit case and twisted around.

“That’s not your decision James.” I picked up the suit case off the bed and pulled it with me.

“Oh but it is.” I pushed past James to see a line of five agents. I gasped in shock, James moved around me.

“I’m sorry Liberty, you are property of MI6, so technically it is my decision.” Suddenly someone cleared their voice. James looked over his shoulder to see Agent Hill standing among a pile of unconscious bodies.

“Sorry to say James, but in the contract you signed it release Miss Davis here of any bindings, so she is a free woman.” Suddenly James pulled his gun out from his holster belt. He twisted around and shot two bullets. Maria screamed as a bullet slammed into her knee and shoulder.

“Now you’re coming with me.” he suddenly shoved a cloth against my mouth and nose. He twisted my body around so my back was pressed tightly against her chest; I choked out against the cloth thickly covering in chloroform, I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head, as my clawed hand reached up slowly. Finally my bare hand came in contact with James’ bristle covered jaw. He screamed out in pain and threw himself away from me; he looked at me with wide eyes as I quickly twisted to face him.

“I’m so disappointed in you Liberty, how can you hurt the one man who has been a mentor and a friend to you all these years?” My snarl grew larger, as I clawed my hands, how dare he say this.

“Things change James, you no longer hold my best intentions, and so I have no quarrel with hurting you.” Suddenly the feeling of electricity crackled through the air around us. Suddenly the roof caved through, I screamed as I dove out of the way. The grey dust slowly cleared to reveal, Thor standing proudly amongst the rubble with Loki at his side. I looked past them to see James standing there shocked.

“You can’t take her; she belongs to queen and country.” Suddenly a bronze haze surrounded Loki transforming him into the Asgardien mortals feared. He stood toe to toe with James, soon I saw bronze wrap around his hand, James looked down at his abdomen as the blade of Loki Sceptre formed and sliced inside of him. He desperately tried to pull his body away as blood crawled and curled down the sides of his lips. Loki stood there in his asgardien glory, with a smirk on his face that rivalled any other. James head lulled to the side to look at me before his eyes glazed over with an icy stare. Loki roughly pulled James off the end of his sceptre and looked at him on the floor, as footsteps charged heavily towards us.

Liberty was awfully quiet. I looked at her from the corner of my eye to see her standing their frozen. I sighed and wiped my blade across my chest removing the man blood from it. I’m sure that right now was not the best of moments to talk about our relationship, but it was as good as a time than any. I turned to face Liberty, as MI6 agents began to surround us.

“Liberty we need to talk.” He turned her head to look at me dead in the eye; her grey stormy eyes conveyed a million emotions in one second. I suddenly saw we were surrounded my MI6 Agents, my heart felt like it was about to burst if I didn’t utter those oh so important words to her in this second. But being surrounded by MI6 agents dampened the mood slightly.

“I love you Liberty.” I felt automatic relief as her eyes widened at my mental words. My lips opened slightly allowing a gasp of shock, as the dust flecked air past between us, I felt too far away from her. My body and soul begged to be closer to her. Then a barrel was pressed against my forehead. I rolled my eyes, and looked at the bald and broad shouldered man in front of me.

“Loki you are a now a felon, you and your companions can come freely or by force, this is your choice.” I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Liberty lunge towards me, but she was quickly restrained.