Chapter 34- Twelve Hours To Accomplish That In Ten Years

I stood there, looking down at her as she lay in the everlasting sleep that was death. A tear trailed down my cheek as, I laid my hand on top of hers.

“This is for you Liberty.” I gave a shaky sigh and bent my lips down to hers. I looked down at her as a golden and bronze haze surrounded us. I could feel my own powers weaken as I gave myself to her. I slowly pulled away as the gold dissipated; I looked down at her body, and gave a weak smile. A human cannot live on only half a soul no matter how powerful or old it is. I sighed; she needed her own soul as well. I slowly dragged my eyes away from the lifeless body of my love and walked towards the labs. In a small glass box laid my infinity stone. I grasped it tightly, and marched quickly towards Liberty. There was only one person who could give me back her soul, but she was as devious as I. I smirked at Liberty, but whenever sacrificing your own soul for another, you especially the woman you love, you needed a whole one. Unlike me. I picked Liberty up in my arms and focused on the infinity stone. Soon the room began to shift like sand drifting away to be replaced by another. This place smelled of death and deceit.

“I take it that you’ve spent enough time in Las Vegas then Hela?” she quickly twisted around to welcome me with bright pale green eyes. The mask she wore swirled around her like smoke. She held a large smirk on her lips.

“Hello Loki, it’s been a while since you’ve last came to visit Me.” due to the fact she had threatened to pull my soul from my body many times, I tend to stay away. She looked down at Liberty’s body in my arms and chuckled.

“I take it you want to bargain for her soul?” I nodded slowly; she smirked and walked away from me to lie on her fainting couch.

“Whose soul are you exchanging for hers?” she gestured towards Liberty, with a long clawed hand, who lay in my arms cold.

“Let me guess….Thor…. or Captain America?” She chuckled annoyingly.

“I’m not giving their souls to you Hela, for once I will be giving my own.” Her all pale green eyes widened she quickly lunged across the room, and stood in front of me.

“Your sacrificing your own soul?” She looked down at Liberty, and scoffed.

“Who is she? Why are you so willing to sacrifice yourself for her?” I smirked at Hela, of course she couldn’t understand, she was now one of the last Gods to never feel love, or even to witness love, it doesn’t help she’s stuck down here. Mind that was her own fault.

“She’s the woman I love, Hela. Now please give her back her soul.” She tapped her chin with a long clawed nail, and smirked at me.

“Fine.” Her long claw like hands grew in length and grew black. She suddenly plunged then into Liberty’s chest. Soon Hela withdrew her claws to welcome the harsh gasping of Liberty. I smiled down at her, as she still lay unconscious but never the less alive.

“Now it’s your turn Loki.” She looked at me with a devious smirk, and readied her clawed hand. I chuckled and held Liberty’s warming body closer to mine.