Chapter 32- Dread That Consumed Me

Steve pulled out a long golden dress from the wardrobe in the room. I strangled a cry, as I force a fake smile. Steve smiled back at me, and walked towards me.

“I would like you to wear this Liberty, please.” I nodded slowly and grabbed the dress from his hands. I looked the alien fabric dress up and down.

“I’ll just get changed in the bathroom.” Steve gave an understanding smile and gestured to the bathroom door. As soon as the door slammed behind me, I locked it and allowed tears to flow from my eyes. I wanted to tear the dress to shreds, but I had to carry on my role, I needed to make sure Steve believed that I loved him. Each time that thought entered my mind my heart beat stopped, causing an unthinkable pain to spread through me. My breathing was hard and shaky, as I pulled away my suit to reveal my body covered in dark black bruises which stung at the smallest touch. I sighed and pulled the gold dress over my underwear clad body.

 I looked at my tear blotched face; I rubbed a piece of lavatory paper over my cheeks wiping away the salty tears. I sighed and splashed water over my face riding my complexion of the red and raw blotches. I sighed, and unlocked the bathroom door. I pushed it open to see Steve quickly get up from the bed. His eyes went wide as his eyes travelled over my body, I felt tainted as his lustful eyes travelled over my blackened body, which was hidden by the dress. He quickly walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I strangled a sob, as without Loki’s kiss I was forced to deal with the pain of slow healing. Steve swung me around in his arms and smiled down at me. I felt further crippled as he stood there looking down at me with his boyish unknowing smile. I gave a fake smile up to him.

“You look beautiful Liberty.” He hugged me against his body in a bone crush grip causing me to gasp silently as my ribs began to curve in begging to snap. Finally he let go, I took in quickly shallow gasps, as Steve smile down at me.

“Thanos wishes to see me, he asked you to attend.” I nodded slowly as I softly pressed my fingertips against my bruised torso. I hissed lightly as Steve turned his back to me and gestured his elbow to me. I took it lightly and followed him through the halls; the creatures stared at me as I walked next to their supposed general. Then we came to a central command room.

I felt Steve grow tense besides me as through a huge glass observation window we could see hundreds of fleet ships lined up ready for war.

“What are you doing Thanos!?” he marched up to the huge purple creature, only to be pushed back by a wall of smaller creatures. Suddenly my arms were twisted behind my back; I was pushed so that my face slammed against the floor. I groaned in pain, as Thanos chuckled darkly,

“This is still my army Steve Rodgers.” Steve looked around him erratically.

“You told me you wouldn’t invade earth!” Thanos chuckled again and climbed down from his thrown towards Steve, he lifted his face up with one large finger.

“Did you really believe that Steve?” Steve struggled against the creatures holding him.

“Why did you need me then?!” Thanos chuckled again and walked towards me. I was hoisted up from the floor to look up at the creature in front of me.

“Because Steve, I needed Liberty and you got her for me.” Steve looked at me desperately.

“Why did you need Liberty?” Thanos chuckled and twisted around, and slammed a huge fist into Steve ribs causing him to spit blood.

“Because Liberty was the only thing that could stop me, and now that she is powerless, not even the avengers can stop me.” he swung another fist into Steve’s gut, causing him to choke up blood. I tried to look away, but suddenly Thanos grabbed Steve by the back of his next and walked towards me with him in hand.