Chapter 23- The Storm Above Us

I lay there for a few hours, not sleeping just closing my eyes. I couldn’t help thinking about Steve, I felt sorry for him but the vast amount of rage I held for him quickly vanished the sympathy I held for him. I sighed and rolled over; I looked out of my window to see the black water slowly rolling creating waves from nothing. I sighed as lay there on my side wishing that everything was back to the way it was. But wishes never came true. I sighed and pushed my body out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I really needed this room cleaned; blood still spattered the floor and bathtub. I sighed and swung open the shower door. I stripped of all my clothing and stood there in the still cool water, it quickly heated till the water made my skin red and blotchy.

 I sighed and scrubbed my skin hard, I sighed hard keeping the tears from my eyes. Loki couldn’t even give me a reason to stay, was I really that trivial. I choked back a sob of pain as I slid down the cold tile shower wall. My mind quickly searched the ship,

“Why can’t I wake up?! I can hear her crying for me, but I’m stuck here for Odin’s sake! Let me go!” I sobbed again as I sat there with my back pressed against the wall. I wanted to scream out but I couldn’t. My eyes became raw as tear continued to pour. Soon the shower water turned cold, leaving me to shiver and hide my face underneath a curtain of hair. I reached up and pressed a button stopping the water. I pulled my body from shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I moved my feet across the plush carpet of my bathroom. I sighed and pulled on a crimson pair of silk briefs and a matching bra. I pulled a similar colour tank top and a pair of navy blue jeans.

I sighed and pulled on my lace up heel boots. I sighed and looked at myself in my bedroom mirror. I grasped my brown leather jacket, as my fingers caught the edge of my earphones and plunged them into my phone. I decided to go for a song which was a bit hardier. “Burn it to the ground by Nickelback.” I smirked to myself as I felt my once blotchy and red skin cool and return to its usual pale pallor. My hips moved to the music as I walked towards the dining hall. I looked at the time on my phone to see it was four in the morning. As I walked towards the dining hall I noticed the hum of mental and verbal voices. I slowly pushed open the door to see many S.H.I.E.L.D agents quietly talking and eating their early morning meal. Some of their eyes latched onto me which I have a polite nod to which they eagerly returned with a smile.

 I looked around the tables, to see Nick Fury and Maria Hill talking on a table closer to the back of the hall. I joined the line of Agents who grabbed as desired pieces of food quickly. I piled my plate high with sausages and greasy streaky bacon. I finally got to the edge of the food and poured myself a glass of pure orange juice. I sighed and Looked around the hall, may be it would be best if I didn’t sit in here. Then Nick Fury saw me with his one eye. I gulped as he moved his head in a way that suggested, “Get over here.” I sighed and carried my full tray over to Fury and Maria. I sat down on the opposite side of Nick fury who smirked at me.

“Good morning Miss Davis.” I nodded and looked down at my food.

“Good morning Commander Fury.” He chuckled causing Maria to smile, which seemed rare.

“If Stark doesn’t have the formality to call me Commander Fury, then neither should you, just call me Fury.” I nodded and looked up rom my food to his one eye.

“So why are you awake this early Miss Davis?” I cleaned my throat and sighed.

“I couldn’t sleep, I’m worried about Loki.”  He nodded and looked at Maria Hill.

“I know, I talked to Banner when he got admitted to the medical bay, he said his brain is functioning at normal capacity now, so there is no cause for him to be in that coma from what we can see.” I nodded and looked at Nick fury as I picked up my knife and fork. I began to cut into my food then looked up at him as he took a sip from his coffee.