Chapter 18- Other Than, Magnificent

Loki now and again winced as I pressed a cotton ball soaked in antiseptic fluid onto the split skin over his ribs. Loki’s hands dug into my shoulders as I kneeled in front of him cleaning his wounds. I threw the bloody cotton ball into the bin in the corner of the room. I stood up, detaching Loki’s fingers from my shoulders. I pulled put a roll of bandage gauze, and began to tightly bandage his waist. Making sure that his broken ribs stayed in one place, I tapped down the end and tidied away the blood and mess.  Threw Loki’s bloody black shirt into the bin and threw away the bloody pieces of cotton. I sighed as I wiped away the beads of sweat on my forehead. Loki slowly raised himself off his bed and towered over me.

“Why did you do that Liberty?” I looked up at Loki to see his eyes filled with a bright green filled with curiosity. I sighed and moved closer to him. I pressed my hands against his bare cool chest to feel the steady heartbeat of the God in front of me.

“Because I want you Loki, Steve could never be what I wanted, or needed.” Loki gently placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. My heart beat became erratic as I stood there looking up at Loki.

“Do you need me Liberty?” I nodded my head, and opened my lips.

“yes.” His lips pressed hard against mine, his arms wrapped around my body like chains. He slowly pulled from the hard kiss by peppering lighter kisses against my lips, until the feel of them had totally disappeared. He pressed his forehead against mine as he stared deeply into my eyes.

“How do you think I feel about you liberty?” I trailed my hands over Loki’s bare chest to his shoulders, to his face. I grasped his face gently between my hands cradling his swollen and bruised jaw. Then I saw everything, everything from when he first saw me.

He knew I was different, something special even before I had spoken a metal or verbal word to him. He followed me to that landing strip because he could feel everything I felt, all the pain and the confusion. Then I saw the first time he kissed me, even though I was reluctant he still wanted to save me even if I saw him as the enemy, then I saw New York, the battlefield and the blood all mingled together. I saw him kissing me but then suddenly he was thrown off me by Captain America. Steve Rodger’s eyes were filled with jealousy and rage as I lay there slowly dying because he wouldn’t let Loki save me. The visions suddenly darted away from New York and back to the ship we all inhabited; Loki kissed me hard as I was pinned against him and the wall. He didn’t care that Steve Rodger’s stood only meters away looking at the scene unfold in front of him, Loki just wanted to show that he cared for me, in a way that cannot simply be expressed by words, and to show that no matter what Steve Rodger’s could or would do, he could not stop that.

I pulled away from Loki’s mind, to see the emerald eyes of the God of mischief staring down at me. His bruising on his jaw was morphing before my eyes from a dark purple to a pale yellow, and soon all together vanished leaving the pale white skin of his Jaw resting in the palms of my hands. I stood there in front of him as he smirked down at me.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me?” Loki pulled my hands down from his jaw and placed them on his chest, where his heart beat could be felt.

“Because, would you believe me if I said I knew you were meant to be with me from the first time I set eyes on you?” I felt his now uneven and erratic heart beat underneath my palms. I looked up at the God in front of me and shook my head.

“I wouldn’t have, because I didn’t believe a word you said back then.” He chuckled causing his chest to rise and fall with the pattern of the laugh.

“Very true and honest Liberty, I must say I wasn’t surprised by the way you first acted towards me.” I nodded and slid my hands down his body until my hands rested on his bandaged abdomen.