Tour Drama

Hope

      So, I finally found out what dad was hiding from me: my mother had a stalker

      So, I finally found out what dad was hiding from me: my mother had a stalker. The craziest part was how they were possibly connected to a tragedy my uncle August experienced. There was only one that I knew of and I'd be surprised if there was a connection to that and my parents. What didn't surprise me was how mom's last journal entry gave me a clue that Uncle Aug knew something important; and why I just pulled into his driveway. Aunt Tinashe's car was gone too; meaning her husband and I could really talk.

      Hopefully I get all of my questions answered when our conversation is over. That thought crossed my mind when I approached the front door and rang the doorbell. "Hope. And no-" "He's at our house waiting for me. He doesn't know anything about any of this and he also insisted I check on my dad alone." "Yeah... How is he? And why are you here?" "He doing ok considering and I'm here because of this. It's my mom's journal; which she left for me and tells my parents' story. The last entry I read included you."

      I explain that getting right to it and his eyebrows raise intrigued and wondering what I meant. "Why me?" "Well, apparently there's a connection to you and my mom's stalker. The reason why she almost lost me after what happened at her baby shower." The look on his face was priceless from what I mentioned. "She told you about that?" "Yeah... The connection part anyway. My dad told me about mom's stalker after what happened that ruined my reception," I explained to him. He took a moment to process everything then spoke.

      "But you don't know everything... Sit down niece; this is a lot and I wish your mom would've left you out of it to protect you." I nod understanding as I sat on the couch across from my uncle then replied. "I get that but she didn't. Now I just want answers." He nods this time and sighs before telling me what I want to know. "We never confirmed this but you parents and I thought the stalker killed my brother." All I could do in response was gasp. "Mel? The reason you-" "Got off the streets and went after my singing career? Yeah."

      Now I was just confused and had more questions than I did when I came over here. "Why go after my mom then? What does she have to do with Mel's death; she or dad didn't even know you then!" "That's the question we couldn't answer because like I said, nothing was confirmed." Great! I got some answers but not enough! Looks like I'm gonna have to look at mom's journal for more. If mom even has the answers! I'm starting to think that's why she's dead. I wonder if uncle August would agree. There's only one way to find out.

      "Uncle Aug? What if it wasn't confirmed because mom found proof but her getting cancer and dying kept that from getting out and she left me the clues in her journal? After what happened today with dad, that doesn't sound like much of a coincidence... Does it?" His silence told me all I needed to know, that he felt I was on to something. "Hope, if you're right and your mom's stalker finds out you're on to them, your dad won't be the only collateral damage."

      I chuckled darkly, sounding just like my father, and replied. "So we just let them get away with this?! What they did to my mom and just did to my dad ruining my wedding day?!" "You're dad will say the same thing and he's not here to protect you so I have to. Think about your new husband and the family you plan on starting with him. Do you want this shit to continue with you and possibly put YOUR kids in danger or end up growing up without their mom like you did?" I couldn't deny how right my uncle's words were.