A Good... And Bad New Year Surprise

Hope

This next journal entry was probably my favorite one so far; it was when mom found out she was pregnant with me! Just thinking about it made me feel some type of way though just because that should be a story she should be telling me when I find o...

This next journal entry was probably my favorite one so far; it was when mom found out she was pregnant with me! Just thinking about it made me feel some type of way though just because that should be a story she should be telling me when I find out I'm having my first child. I'm thinking about that more now that I'm married and the fact she wasn't here to witness it and help me get ready hurts. Having to read the story of how she discovered she was pregnant rather than hear her tell me hurts even more... I don't want to get everyone depressed though so before I let my emotions get the best of me, let's get into that special moment. It was two weeks into 2016 and my mom was trying her best to hold it together as she prepared to go to the doctor to get the confirmation she was waiting and hoping for...

Kae

We had thirty VERY LONG minutes until it was officially 2016 and I don't know how much longer I could keep it together

We had thirty VERY LONG minutes until it was officially 2016 and I don't know how much longer I could keep it together. For almost two days now, I've been keeping another secret from Chris. It wasn't a bad one either and the only people that knew other than me was my mom and of course, Mama J. Seiko, Cassie, Tina, and EJ didn't even know! The fact I was DYING to tell them but didn't want to tell anyone too soon didn't help either. "Hey, are you sure that you're ok? We don't have to stay here until the ball drops if you're not up to it," my hubby says concerned taking me out of my thoughts. "Babe, I told you I'm fine! It was just a stomach bug that lasted for a few days; stop worrying about me!" He looked at me as if he was tryin to get the truth through my eyes which everyone knows are 'windows to the soul.'

It took him a moment longer before he replied... "Aight... Just let me know if you change your mind." Sighing with relief that he was off my back and he believed me, I checked the time again. Only two minutes passed. I was growing impatient at this point and I almost spilled the tea when Chris asked me to dance. I gladly took his hand, a big smile on my face, and held on tight not wanting to let go since it was a slow song that was playing; one of the only slow songs of the night to be exact and it was Alicia Keys: 'Unthinkable (I'm Ready.)' How sexual the song is wasn't even on my mind; all I kept thinking about is how I AM ready for what's ahead. I just had to figure out how to wait a little bit longer...

Twenty minutes later we were getting ready to countdown the New Year with less than thirty seconds to spare. My heart starts racing with excitement because I was finally about to tell my husband what I'd been hiding. Fifteen seconds now! "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!" We all cheered here at Drais in Vegas where we decided to bring in 2016. It was FINALLY here and I was overwhelmed with emotion as Chris pulled me in for our first New Year's kiss as a married couple. When he pulled away, I placed his hand on my stomach and said: "Happy New Year daddy." It was almost like the world stopped at that moment in time because it was perfect. He finally knows and the look on his face couldn't make me any happier.