Chapter 23: A plan commences

‘Carrots?’ we all chorused again, confused. Louis simply looks at us and gives a cheeky smile, before leaving the room.

Zayn looks over to me and raises an eyebrow.

‘Don’t ask me! I have no clue what goes on in that boy’s mind’ I say, laughing. Liam runs a hand through his damp hair and frowns.

‘Carrots? What can he do with carrots?’

‘Not a clue, maybe he uses it as a word for an idea, like Ureka! Or something’ Niall grins.

‘What, a bit like on Horrid Henry?’ Harry perks up.

‘You watch Horrid Henry?’ I question, Harry frowns.

‘No, no, I just know it happens, like, when I watched it with my younger-‘ He says slowly, his voice fading out.

‘Righhhhttt’ I say, unconvinced. Harry hits me on the leg lightly and I laugh.

‘Okay, so I’ve watched a few! But there was nothing else on!’ He protests, making me laugh more. Liam shakes his head.

‘Sometimes I think I’m the oldest in the band, honestly’ He sighs, but chuckles not long after. 

 'Your the most mature, that's for sure' I reply, grinning.

'Hey, that rhymed!' Zayn exclaims. Harry, Liam and Niall suddenly all cover their ears. I frown.

'What-?' I ask.

'Cover your ears before Zayn starts to make a rap up, every time someone rhymes in a sentence, he'll take that opportunity to show of his amazing lyrical skills' Harry says sarcastically, I giggle and cover my ears, Zayn pouts and crosses his arms and turns away from us. I uncover my ears and laugh.

'Aww sorry Zayn!' I coo, but he remains facing the wall. I sit up and put my head on his shoulder.

'Zayn? You can rap if you want..’ I whisper in his hear.

‘Don’t wanna rap now’ He mumbles. I try not to laugh.

‘DJ Malik not wanting to rap?’ I raise an eyebrow to myself. Zayn shrugs. I laugh and think of my own rap.

‘My name is Cass,and I have a lotta sass..’ I sing, Zayn grunts and leans backwards crushing me.

‘Ow! Zayn!’ I squeal, he laughs.

‘You cannot rap! Say I am the best DJ Malik in the world and I can rap whenever I can!’ He exclaims, crushing me further.

‘Don’t do it Cass! Resist the pain!’ Niall yells trying to budge Zayn off of me. I shriek as his elbow jabs into my thigh.

‘Noooooooooo! Don’t say it Cassie!’ Harry shouts, I manage a sigh before all of Zayns weight is shifted onto me, causing me to yelp.

‘FINE! YOU’RE THE BEST DJ MALIK IN THE WORLD AND YOU-‘ I pause, and giggle as someone pokes me in the ribs.

‘Carry on!’ Zayn exclaims.

‘AND YOU CAN RAP WHENEVER YOU WANT,OKAY? NOW GET THE FRICK OFF OF ME!’ I yell, Zayn moves off me and I gasp for air. Zayn looks pleased with himself as all of the other boys tut at me.

‘ONE NIL TO ZAYN MALIK!’ Niall calls out in his X-Factor voice.

‘I could’ve died! And you guys are tutting! Tsk!’ I exclaim, clutching my sides, my ribs actually feel broken.

‘I’m not that heavy!’ Zayn says.

‘Yeah.. but she is.. y’know, like quite small compared to you’ Liam says, grinning.