Chapter Eighteen: Alleyway

'Louis?' I repeat , he turns his body to face towards me.  

'Cassie, I couldn't stop because they are after you, when you fell asleep, one of the gangs members, they shouted after me, us, they said they'd find us,' Louis pauses and wipes his eyes from tiredness before remembering his shirt was off and pulling it back on.  

'Lou, they aren't after you, they're most likely after me, I should have just have gone with Dan when he told me too, you'd would've been safer' I reply weakly, this was all my fault, now we are both in danger.  

'Don't blame this on yourself, I should've have listened to you when you said turn around, but I thought maybe I could sort him out, put him in his place, I'm so sorry Cass' Louis puts his head in his hands and sighs.  

'Louis?' I whisper , he looks up sadly.  

'This, is not your fault okay?' I pause, before leaning in to him and placing my lips onto his, he slips his hand around my neck and pulls me closer, my heart skipping a beat as our lips move in perfect sync. Louis pulls away, his lips only an inch away from mine.  

'Cass, did you mean what you said in the hospital?' his husky whisper makes me tingle. I think about what I said in the hospital, that I loved him.  

'Yes' I whisper back in response. He blushes enough to see in the streetlight and he grins.  

'Everyone loves me!' he replies , I roll my eyes at him.  

'Sorry, I ruined the moment there didn't I?' he continues,I just wanted our lips to crash to shut him up, but he had more to say.  

'What moment?' I question, winking at him.  

'The moment where I say that I love you too, more than anything, and I'll do as your Mum told me to, I'll keep you safe Cassie, I'll put you first , anything to keep you alive, and I promise not to hurt you' he stops, and runs his fingers through his hair.  

'Cliche...' I say, then grin.  

'Hey! Now who's ruining the moment?!' he exclaims, I giggle and he pokes me in the stomach.  

'I'm joking, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me' he beams a smile at me.  

'Louis, where even are we?' I change the subject. 

'Um, I don't know, I just ran, for....' he checks his watch. 'Wow, I ran for 2 hours without stopping, it's 1am' he laughs lightly.  

'But seen as you were carrying me, you probably ran slowly' I grin, he sighs. 

'Are you implying that you are heavy? Because you're a light as a feather!' he smiles, I laugh back. 

'Oh no, I wasn't implying that at all, just that you are a slow runner-' I joke, and he tickles me. 

'Take that back! I am so not!' he exclaims, I giggle uncontrollably and he stops and smiles.  

'I'm just kidding Boo bear' I say, he laughs.  

'You better be Cupcake!' he replies, before quickly clasping a hand to his mouth.  

'Sorry! I didn't mean to call you that-' he stutters. But for the first time, I don't mind at him calling me my nickname.  

I put a finger to his lips.  

'It's okay, I don't mind' I say, I take my finger from his lips and he slowly smiles. The cold concrete underneath me was starting to make my ache. Louis looks down at my thigh and frowns. 

'Are you okay? Does your leg hurt?' I shake my head. 

'No, it doesn't- in fact I can't actually feel it, but my bum aches from sitting here' I smile and look down to my leg and slide my hospital gown up, enough to see where the bandage was.  

'Sorry, the bandage is really loose, I didn't want to wake you when u was putting it on' Louis says, laughing quietly at his handy work.  

'Its okay, I'll re do it now' I reply, although I don't even want to touch it , let alone change the bandage. I quickly undo it at the back and peel the bandage off , squirming slightly as I have to pull the bandage away from the wound where Dan shot me. I start to panic thinking the bullet might still be in me. 

'Is the bullet , like , still there?' I stutter quickly covering the wound back over.  

'No, of course not, it didn't go that deep into you, it was a crap gun, the nurse took it out' Louis says reassuringly before carrying on. 'Cass, stop' he chuckles, before moving my hands away from the bandage.  

'Sorry, I hate blood and gore and yeah' I sigh, Louis smiles.  

'That's okay, look away, I'll do it' he says loud enough for me to hear, he smiles sweetly and I turn away, squeezing my eyes shut.  

'There you go, all done' he laughs as I turn back round. My eyes still shut.  

'Are you sure?' I whisper.  

'Yes Cass' he whispers back, taking my hands away from my eyes , he leans over and kisses my forehead. I look down to my leg to see the bandage redone up more than perfectly.  

'Thanks' I say, and grin. 

'We should probably move, until we find a sign, then we can get back to the apartment' Louis says, sighing and standing up. He yawns, then takes my hands and pulls me up.  

'Mhm' I agree, wiping my eyes.  

'Can you walk okay?' He asks, raising his eyebrows, entwining his fingers with mine.  

'I think so' I answer, my hands warming up.  

'Um, any idea on which way we should head?' Louis laughs, before I use my free hand to point towards a small alleyway.  

'Hm, okay' Louis shrugs and we walk towards the alley, gripping my hand tighter as we approach, he starts to speed up as we pass a guy with his hood up smoking something that smelt like weed. He coughs and splutters over us and I turn my nose up.  

'Got a problem?' he spits, Louis pulls me in closer and we walk past , ignoring him.  

'F***ing twats' he mutters, I turn around to face him.  

'How about you look at yourself before you call other people twats, yeah?' I retort. Louis stands impatiently.  

'Cassie, let's go now' he says, frowning worriedly.  

'Sorry, okay' I say,edging away from the guy with the hoody. He snarls and then widens his eyes. I sigh, what an idiot.  

'Come to the realisation that you're the twat? Yeah though so' I exclaim, he shakes his head. 

'You're Dans ex aren't you?' he snarls, I quicken my pace out of the alleyway although I hear him close behind me. Louis squeezes my hand and tries to run with me but my thigh was making me slower.  

'Don't you worry, I'm not coming after you, but Dan knows nearly everyone, and he will turn them on you, both of you' he chokes on his words and walks back down, scuffing his shoes on the ground.

A/N sorry short chapter! Currently on holiday hope you understand:) this isn't my best chapter I know but hope you enjoy anyway. I'll try to get a decent chapter up before Saturday Thankyou! Xxx Oh oh and COUIS!;)