Chapter 24: ''it's time''

'I'm scared' Niall says, staring out the window. The weather had changed quickly and rain was now pounding against the large window in there lounge. 

'Scared? You should try being with him for a year in a half, scared' I laugh weakly, Niall smiles sadly back at me and I turn to the window, watching every small single drop of rain that ran down the window, wondering how far away Dan was from us. Doubts flew across my mind, wondering what would happen if the plan didn't work. 

'Babe? Are you okay?' I jump as someone sits down on the chair next to me. I turn my head from the window and my eyes meet with Louis'. 

'Hey' I say, Louis raises an eyebrow. 

'Oh yeah, I'm fine, just thinking' I carry on, Louis pulls me closer to him and I rest my head on his shoulder. 

'What ya thinking of?' He asks, taking a strand of my hair and twisting it absent mindedly. 

'What if your plan doesn't work?' I mumble. 

'That would be crazy, duh, all my plans work!' He replies, chuckling to himself, I try to stifle a laugh, but nothing comes out. A moment later Louis talks again. 

'It will babe, don't worry, your safe' He kisses my forehead. I look up to him and kiss him back, on the cheek. He smiles and I manage a small smile back. 

'Love you' I say, enclosing his hand in mine. 

'I love you too' He replies ,grinning that cheeky smile of his. I look back out of the window again, my head returning to the perfectly comfortable spot on his shoulder. The pitter patter of the raindrops on the window somewhat soothing to my ears. 

LOUIS' POV 

I watch Cassie as she nestles her head into my shoulder and smile, I glance over to our window and watch the rain slide down it, somewhat reminding me of the tears that Cass had bared not too long ago. She was so brave. 

I look over to Niall. 

'Is she okay?' He mouthes. I nod in return, moving up on the sofa so that she had more space. I wrap my arms around her small waist, hoping she felt safe. 

Liam enters the room with Ellen holding mugs of tea and a tray of biscuits. 

'Since when did we have biscuits?' Niall perks up and I laugh quietly, watching as Niall rises from his chair quickly to take his tea and a good handful of custard creams and bourbons from Liam. Ellen puts mine and Cassie's tea on the coffee table and watches Cassie for a moment. 

'I think she's asleep' She says, I frown and look down to Cassie. Ellen was right. Cassie's eyelashes fluttered, her eyes closed. I watch her for a few seconds, wondering what she was dreaming about, if she was dreaming. She looked beautiful when she was asleep, peaceful. 

'I hurt her a lot didn't I?' Cassie's mum sighs. 

'No no you didn't, you told the truth which is all she could have needed' Niall says optimistically whilst munching through his last custard cream. 

'You always say the sweetest things Niall.. shame you're eating while you say them, totally ruins it' Liam replies to him, Niall smiles. 

'Eugh Niall please, shut your mouth when there's food in there!' I exclaim, his teeth were chocolaty brown from the bourbons. Niall blushes. Ellen giggles. 

'Cassie always says that to people, she can't stand people talking with their mouths full' Ellen says, sitting down on the sofa and sipping her tea as it was too hot to drink.