Chapter 48: The engagement ring

LOUIS POV

"Oh thanks Paul! You too, although, getting a bit bored of the same jacket and jeans mind!" I grin, eyeing him up and down after his remark about me and the boys 'not scrubbing up too badly'. The cheek of him! We all walk out the tour bus and we're hard hitted with the bitter cold air, I intake a breath of air quickly as it freezes my cheeks. 

"Brrr, it isn't half chilly is it?" Niall does some kind of shrugging jiggy dance to warm his body up. 

"Maybe Niall, you should change into something more appropriate rather than that silly thin white tshirt?" Liam laughs and shouts 'buuuurn', doing that wierd clicky 'cool' thing with his fingers. He then catches my eye and mouthes to me that I should ask how long we have got before the show tonight to go shopping. 

"You said we scrubbed up quite nicely Paul!!!!" Niall exclaims, pulling a sad pout face. At that point I feel Cassies small fingers entwine with mine and I grin and turn to face her, taking my own spare hand and caressing her cheekbones and tracing her jawline with the backside of my fingers. When they get to her chin, I slightly lift it so her lips are in proportion to mine, then I lean in and leave a kiss on them. She smiles in return and wraps her arms around my neck, hugging me and nuzzling into my collar. 

"Whatever!" Paul says in defeat to Niall, chuckling, he turns to me and Cass.

"And as much as I do adore the lame love birds, could you refrain for a few seconds? I've just eaten" He sighs, but winks. Cassies cheeks blush a light shade of pink and Paul speaks again. 

"Moving on.... You're performing in Etihad stadium at 6, it's 12 now, I expect to you to be back here at around 3, we're not too far from there so we'll get there for about quarter to four, then get you into hair and makeup and a quick rehearsal then you're on. If you're going out, it's Manchester, don't get lost. Don't have too much fun. Keep a low profile!" Once Paul has finished ranting, Zayn salutes him.

"Yes Boss!" He laughs, Paul frowns and shakes his head, turning round and walking off. 

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna go nap until 3" Niall shrugs, makes a clicking noise with his tongue before galloping back into the tourbus. Harry shakes his head at him.

"I'd join him, buuut, I'm starving, Haz, you wanna go get takeout Nandos? Niall is bound to want some" Zayn chuckles, I hear a muffled shout from inside the tourbus.

"NANNDDOOOS!"

Cassie giggles, "Add me to the list to get Nandos too!" She winks at Zayn playfully, Liam makes eye contact with me before speaking next.

"Cassie! You should go with them, have some Harry-Zayn time, although you probably won't have fun, they're obviously not as fun as Me and Lou but!" Harry whines and punches Liam in the arm and they start to fight jokily. 

"Maybe I will!" She says, Zayn grins.

"HARRRYYYY! We can take Cassie shopping!" Although Zayn says this normally, I can't help thinking how camp he sounded.

"Sounds good to me! I want a new beanie too- we should all get matching ones!" Harry gasps, his hands cupping his mouth in a fake and girly 'omg' kind of way.

"Omg yeah Harry what a good idea! I say they should all be pink and have the One Direction logo on!" Cassie joins in, I laugh with her and wrap my hand around the back of waist and give her a hug/squeeze. 

-- LATER ON --

"LOUIIISSS THIS ONES PRETTYYYY!" The highstreet in Manchester is relatively quiet and we're standing outside Ernest Jones. Liams pointing at a gold ring with a great fat diamond in the centre.