Chapter Seventeen: All in streetlight

'Louis?' I scream, I bolt upwards. My surroundings are black and the only source of light is a streetlight across the street I seemed to be on. I dart my eyes around panicking, hoping I wasn't here alone. 

'Louis?' I screech out again, I remember closing my eyes in the hospital but I couldn't see much, I remember Dan, and how he shot my- he shot my leg. My eyes wander down to my thigh and I see a bandage wrapped around it, a small patch of dried blood makes my stomach lurch a little. I hate blood. The bandage is quite loose as if it was put on in a hurry, did I put it on? I can't have done, I'm pretty sure this is the first I've woken since whenever we left the hospital. A small stabbing feeling startles me and I put my hand up to my head, I feel a scab forming above my right eyebrow. 

'Sorry about that' A hand sits on my shoulder and I spin around. Louis is standing behind me, his blue eyes catch in the yellowy light from the streetlight. His red jeans are now a muddy colour and I see a rip across his striped shirt, his skin underneath is torn slightly. 

'Louis your chest, you need to put something on it!' I gasp, trying to stand up to see his cut more clearly. 

'It's nothing' He denies, holding my arms to support me on my leg. I sink back to the pavement and he sits down next to me. 

'It is something, how did you do it?' I ask, hoping my fixated eyes on his chest didn't look strange. 

'The nurse injected two things into you at the hospital' He starts, I frown in confusion, how did he get that injury by two injections in me?  

'And?' I query, he starts again.  

'The nurse injected something to help heal your wound and this medicine that will make you fall asleep , I think, or that's what she said, anyway, she gave you that so I could get out of the hospital quicker, I jumped out of the window' he stops, and puts his arms out to reveal more cuts and bruises, along with the one across his chest.  

'Louis!' I gasp, he runs his fingers through his hair. I couldn't help but notice his hands were shaky.  

'It's all good, we were already on bottom floor, just some glass' he replies , laughing lightly. I frown at him again and look around and see a plastic bag.  

'Whats that?' I ask, Louis take the bag and begins to pull bandages ,plasters and water out.  

'Just stuff so I could bandage you up and try and clean your -' I interrupt him. 

'I can't believe he shot me Lou' I mumble , Louis wraps his arms around me and I bury my head into his shoulder, his skin felt ice-like. I look down and realise I'm wearing his hoody.  

'You're cold, why am I wearing your hoody?' I ask, he shakes his head.  

'You're cold too , and plus your still only wearing your hospital gown, there's nothing too it!' he says, he glances down to his arm and starts to itch the cuts. I put my hand up and push his arm away from it and he scowls.  

'Have you cleaned them?' I pick up the plastic bag and see some antiseptic cream.  

'Nope, there was no time to stop for me' he says, bearing the smallest grin. I roll my eyes. 

'What?' Louis exclaims, smiling. 

'You could catch a disease and die' I say sternly, but I can't help but smile at Louis,glad he was alive and here.  

'Yeah yeah, as long as your alive I'm good' he says quietly. I secretly think how cliche that may sound, but heart warming. 

'Do you really mean that?' I ask, looking down quickly and finding some plasters.  

'Of course I do Cass' I look up and his eyes lock with mine for a second and he leans forward and kisses me lightly on my forehead, enough for me to blush. He smiles and starts to scratch at his cuts again.  

'Come here' I sigh, opening the antiseptic cream and taking his arm, rubbing into the cuts. He winces.  

'Does this hurt?' I question , he shakes his head in response but it is clear that it is. I open the small plasters and place them on his wounds.  

'Thankyou' he replies politely ,laughing at the almost ten plasters on his arm.  

'You could have used the bandage, its long enough to go all round my arm' I nod at the deeper cut on his chest.  

'Oh, that ones fine just leave it , I doesn't hurt or anything really it's fine' Louis stutters , I frown at him an d he looks guilty.  

'It hurts' he mumbles. 

'Not suprised, let me-' I unravel the bandage and glance at him nervously. I can't put it on with his top on.  

'Oh um yeah' he laughs and peels his shirt off, minding the cut. I blush slightly. His tan muscular chest glows in the streetlight as I take the antiseptic and gently rub it around the wound, Louis squints in pain.  

'Sorry' I say quietly. 

'Don't be' he says back, managing a small smile that disguises the pain he felt. I take the bandage and put it on the centre of the wound. Louis holds it there as I wrap it around the top half of him to keep it in place. I can't help but feel nervous being this close to him. With no shirt on. The butterflies that had disappeared from all the shock had returned.  

I take the medical tape and fasten it in place, Louis watches me. His blue eyes are still on me when I sit back down on the pavement.  

'What?' I ask , smiling at him.  

'Nothing, your always so , calm? I don't know, just after everything you've been through you still try and keep a smile on your face' Louis shrugs but smiles.  

'I suppose, life's too short to worry about something for too long' I reply , secretly thinking of all the emotions I was experiencing,but just kept in. Like how scared I was , how worried, anxious, cold, and how much I wanted to stay in Louis' arms and never leave them. Louis' smile remains on his lips and he takes my hand and squeezes it lightly. I turn my head to him and study him for a second, his eyes were fixed on the quiet road in front of us, maybe he was thinking, lost somewhere , somewhere safer. I think back to the previous topics in our conversation earlier, how he couldn't stop for himself, he had to keep going. What did he mean? 

'Louis?' I ask he turns to face me. 

'Yeah?' he replies, I frown slightly.  

'What did you mean earlier when you said there was no time to stop for you?' Louis begins to look shifty and sighs quickly like he was about to begin a speech. But something tells me this speech isn't going to be something to be too happy about.

A/N wow! Finally uploaded, this isn't the best chapter? Also sorry about the cliffhangers;) can't help myself, gotta keep you guys reading! So glad I got to 200 votes and 15k views :) Thankyou so much. Apologies for not uploading for a while, I have one more show to do with the school and I'll be updating more! Thankyou! Xxxx