Chapter 25: Just A Small Town Girl

I had my head bandaged up and found my way back into the dance, all doped on drugs. Jeremy, Stefan and Damon had gone with Bonnie to try and figure out a way to leave seeing as Esther had left us the present of a boundary spell.

"Hey Care! Hey Ty!" I said as I skipped up to them.

"Oh my god, Iliana! I'm so worried about you." Caroline said as she wrapped me into a hug and started to chuckle. "I know you're all drugged up but I hope you know how sorry I am."

"Besides, we're on the same team now." Tyler said with a grin. "If Klaus dies, I die."

"I know you hate him Ty." I said as I slapped my hands on his face making the two of them giggle. "But I'll protect you, I'll protect everyone. Hey Care, mind if I dance with your boyfriend?"

"Knock yourself out." She said with a smile. "I'll go get us some drinks."

"And maybe a camera so we can make fun of her later." Tyler told her as he started to dance with me.

"Hey Ty. I'm sorry that my blood made you a hybrid." I said with a sad look. "It's all my fault."

"Don't blame yourself." He told me sternly. "It's not as bad as it seems. I'm one of the most powerful beings in the world. So that's a bonus."

"That you didn't get to choose." I said with a sad sigh but his mind was focused elsewhere.

"Where've you been mate?" I turned and saw Klaus looking at my head worriedly, despite talking to his hybrid his eyes were locked on mine.

"I just got back in town." Tyler answered him.

"That's funny, I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place. You don't mind if I cut in, do you?" Klaus said, still looking at me.

"I do. I always dance with you Niklaus Mikaelson and never Ty." I said grumpily.

"No, it's fine." Tyler said as he lay a kiss on my cheek. "I'll go meet up with Caroline."

"You are quite the megalomaniac, aren't you?" I said with a shake of my head.

"No need, I already have the power. I am the alpha male." He said smugly.

"Thank God for that." I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh come on, don't leave me hanging. Promise not to bite, unless you want me to." I let out a small laugh and took his outstretched hand and began to dance with him. "You would've loved the 1920s, Iliana. The girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance until they dropped."

"I wonder if that ever happened to their dance partners." I said with a smirk.

"You should be a lot nicer to me." Klaus said with a smirk. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Klaus—"

"I know, I know. You're not ready to accept my offer." He said with a sad smile as he caressed my face. "Perhaps one day, in a year, or even in a century you'll turn up at my door and let me show you what the world has to offer."

"A century?" I queried in surprise.

"I know you, Iliana." He leant down towards my face and whispered into my ear. "We're the same. We crave power. And power is something a human does not have. You left this small town for a bigger one, to have your name in lights. But soon that big town will start to feel small. And a small-town life will never be enough for you."

"Thanks, Sallah the Soothsaying Sultan." I said with a small laugh, trying to break the tension.

"Now, do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked as he nervously let his hand wander along my mark.

"Elena." I mumbled, my body trembling at his touch. His face contorted into a scowl and he immediately began to make his way out, presumably to get at my sister. "Klaus, wait! It's not what you think!" I said as I chased after him.

"Explain to me then! Alleviate my fears!" He snapped. "Her and those Salvatore boys are probably responsible for Rebekah's disappearance all of a sudden too!"

"Rebekah?" I said in confusion. "What? No. Klaus! Let me explain, damn it!"

"What is this?" He said as he noticed the salt line that was preventing him from leaving.

"Your mother is back." Stefan said as he came to join us. "And for the record, Elena was saving your girlfriend's life."

"What?" Klaus said, looking at me in surprise.

"If you had just let me explain." I muttered, rolling my eyes as I walked back into the school and found the classroom that Bonnie was working her magic in. I sat down at one of the desks and waited patiently in silence with the others until finally Klaus broke the silence.

"What's taking so long?" He grumbled. "All boundary spells have a loophole."

"People are walking right outta the dance." Matt said as he bounded in.

"Matt and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves, once we find out where she is." Jeremy suggested.

"You'd have to kill me first." I said sternly.

"You've already given one sibling a chance at it, it's only fair." Klaus muttered bitterly making me glare at him.

"It's a suicide mission, Jeremy." Stefan told him calmly.

Suddenly Klaus rushed over to Bonnie's date, Jamie, and grabbed him by the throat holding onto his neck tightly.

"Suicide would be disappointing me! Now work your magic, witch, or I'll start killing people you fancy." Klaus growled.

"Let him go!" Bonnie shrieked.

"Not until you get us out of here." He shot back.

"Don't be an idiot, Klaus." I said with a sigh. "Bonnie doesn't care about any of us. She's only doing this because of Caroline and Tyler. If you start killing people she actually likes, she's gonna tell us all where we can shove it."

Klaus sighed and let go and Bonnie looked at me in surprise.

"You really think that?" She asked me.

"Am I wrong?" I asked her in huff. "I—uh—I think I'm gonna go outside for a second."

~Elena POV~

"Ric, this isn't you. You don't want to be a vampire." She said as Esther lit candles in the Salvatore tomb. "It's not who you are."

"You don't know who I am, Elena." Alaric replied. "You only know the weakest parts of me. You only know the man who lost his way when he began to befriend vampires instead of killing them."

"You don't mean that." Elena told him.

"They're all monsters. The blood of their victims is on my hands. Jenna's blood is on my hands." He told her.

"When you're ready." Esther interjected.

"No Ric, please don't. Don't do this. I won't help you, I'm not gonna give you my blood, you're gonna have to kill me!" Elena objected.

"That won't be necessary." Esther said as she waved her hand in Elena's direction and the doppelganger's hand began to bleed. The blood poured into a bowl and Esther smirked. "Drink and let it be done."

"No Alaric, please don't!" Elena begged but nevertheless Alaric picked up the bowl and drank from it.

"Is it finished?" Alaric asked as he put down the bowl.

"Not quite." Esther picked up the indestructible white oak stake and stabbed Alaric in the stomach.

"NO!"

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, follow and comment! Love you as always! X