Chapter 21: A Woman's Durability

"Explain." Rebekah said as she dragged me into the parlour and stood opposite me with her brother.

"I went to the Mystic Grill and Finn had Elena in a chokehold. There was a stake on the floor, I thought it was a normal stake. Rebekah said she had burnt it all. So I took it and I staked him. And then Sage started to cry and he lit up in flames. I realised what I had done so I killed Stefan, tried to kill Elena and then went home." I blurted out. "I'm sorry."

"Did you say you tried to kill Elena?" Rebekah asked in surprise.

"Well she tricked me. She knew that it was a white oak stake and she knew that it meant all of you would die. I thought I had killed you all. So, I shot her. Six times for each person she had made me kill." I answered, clenching my fists. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

"I was. But I know you didn't mean to." Rebekah said with a sad sigh. "Although I still can't believe Finn is dead."

"Klaus?" I was the most worried about his reaction. Rebekah and Elijah might have just hated me silently but Klaus could have been pushed off the deep end.

"Good riddance." He said with a shrug. "He was an embarrassment."

"He was still your brother. Mind your tongue." Rebekah said, repulsed by his words.

"Fine." He huffed. "Let's all say a prayer for Finn, who slept in a box longer than he lived as a man. He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death."

"Is that how you would speak of me if I died?" She asked angrily.

"Well, you let the Salvatores loose with two stakes that can kill us, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. And since when did you have a soft spot for them?" Klaus said standing up to her now too.

"The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end, they would die for each other. At least they know what family means. You destroyed ours." Rebekah sneered. Klaus reeled momentarily but with that a fire lit up in his eyes.

"I wanted a family. They just didn't want me, and now we're unlinked we're no longer responsible for each other." He fired back.

"So you're leaving?" She asked him in shock.

"As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone. I'm gonna take Iliana and use her blood to create a new family. Of hybrids." He retorted.

"You'll do what now?" I said turning to him angrily but he was still locked on Rebekah, and her him.

"And should I choose to stay?" She inquired.

"Then you're just as pathetic as Finn." Rebekah looked back at him in utter disbelief and stormed out of the room teary-eyed.

"What was that about?" I asked as he finally turned to face me.

"Oh don't you start." He said with a roll of his eyes. "You killed Finn. Had I not acted so carefree Rebekah would have killed you."

"Don't even try and pretend like you did this for me, because Rebekah forgave me. You genuinely don't care that Finn is dead, do you?" I said in shock.

"Coming from the one who tried to murder her twin." He said defiantly.

"Because she wanted me to kill you!" I shot back. "And let's not gloss over the fact that you not only planned on leaving without telling me, you plan on taking me with you!"

"Would you rather I take Elena?" He continued.

"No, I'd rather you think for once about something that isn't your damned hybrids! Because I'm not making them and neither is she." I sneered.