Chapter 27

Kakashi stared at Obito, shock and terror completely overwhelming his body. He gulped and Gai stood next to him while Sasuke stood ahead of them, in a fighting stance.

"Is he really Obito...?" Gai asked staring at Obito who still stood in front of Sasuke, glaring at them. "He's supposed to be dead..."

Kakashi looked at Obitos right eye which formed into his mangekyo Sharringan. "No doubt about it... its definitely Obito." Kakashi confirmed.

Obito raised his arm and pointed at Kakashi, "you can still call me by that name if you want," he spoke, "to me it means nothing." Kakashi frowned and his eye ached at the old memories that filled his head.

Flashback

Kakashi flew back onto the rocky wall, his left eye bled after a kunai slashed him. "Ugh! My eye!" The young grey haired boy exclaimed as he fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding eye.

"Kakashi!!" A young Obito yelled looking back at his injured teammate. Obito pulled out a kunai, his eyes flashed into the Sharringan. Their invisible enemy attempted to attack Obito who had his back turned to him.

He was so close but, Obito turned around and stabbed him on the stomach. Kakashi stared at his teammate in shock. "Obito... you..." Kakashi let out.

The enemy dropped dead on the ground, his Jutsu wearing off and Obito turned looking at Kakashi with a triumphant smile, yet a determined expression plastered on his face. "This time... it's my turn to protect my friends."

Flashback End

Kakashi stared at Obito, bits of rubble fell down. "Who is he?!" Sasuke asked.

"An old teammate of Kakashis." Obito answered and Sasuke's eyes widened he turned to Kakashi for confirmation and the gravity defying haired man just nodded in response. "He's supposed to be dead. It was during the Third Great Ninja War that he died.

Kakashis expression turned serious, "that time, you..."

Flashback (again)

"Run to the exit!" Obito yelled at the whole roof began to collapse behind them. The three kept running as fast as their legs could carry them.

Kakashi stumbled, still feeling weak. Suddenly a small rock hit him in the side of his face where his eye was cut. 'Right in the blindspot.' Kakashi thought and couldn't maintain his balance.

He tripped and fell. "Kakashi!" Rin yelled. Obito stopped running and turned, running towards his comrade. A huge boulder came towards Kakashi. 'Please let me make it!' Obito thought.

Obito managed to grab Kakashi by his shirt and he threw him out of the way. 'Obito...' Kakashi thought and soon lost consciousness.

When he came to, he slowly opened his eyes until everything came flooding back to him. His eyes shot open and he sat up looking at Rin whom was beside him. "Are... you ok?... Rin... Kakashi?" A weak voice asked.

The two of them turned their heads to see the ride side of Obitos body completely crushed by a big boulder. "OBITO!!" They yelled and rushed up to the young Uchiha.

"Shit!" Kakashi yelled in frustration as he tried to get the big boulder off of his comrade.

"Stop.. it's ok... I'm done for anyway..." Obito weakly said. "The right half of my body is almost completely crushed. I can't feel anything anymore..." Kakashi banged his fist against the rock and cursed under his breath.