Chapter 23: American Idol

Miley's POV:

Throughout the next month, everything was getting ready for me to be an Idol judge - the contract, etc.  Then it was time for filming and the auditions.

Today was the day for exactly that.  I got to the first arena on time, got ready by my team there, and let the staff explain procedures there since it's different than The Voice and show me to the table.  I sat down and talked to the other judges, which were Blake Shelton, a country singer, and Steven Taylor, a rock singer from the popular band Aerosmith.

Blake goes first.  "Miley!!!  Haven't seen ya since The Voice!  How are you?"

"I'm great, Blake."  He was a fellow judge with me and was somewhat familiar to me.  "I'm married to Nick and carrying our third right now."

"I heard about all that.  That's great."

"Thanks.  So no Team Blake or Team Miley, huh?"

"Nope.  Should be interesting."

"It should be.  Let's get started."

The first contestant came in.  She gave us her name, career, and hometown, which turned out to be in Tennessee!!!

"Oh my god, before you sing, um, Katie, I got to say, you're from Tennessee, just like me!!!!  Tennessee girls, up top!!"  I gave her a high five.  "Now what are you going to sing for us today?"

"I'm actually a big fan of yours, Miley.  Also your dad's and sister's.  My dad had introduced me to your dad's and I loved it since then.  And I grew up in the era when you were Miss Hannah Montana.  And because of that, I'm going to sing your song 'Younger Now.'"

"Awesome.  So glad you're a fan.  Go ahead, Katie."

She sings the chorus.

I jot down some notes while Steven and Blake are doing the same and she is singing.  When she was done, I was the first to speak.  "Oh my god.  You were so good!!!!  I love you already!!!!  I seriously loved the voice, and the ability to hit the notes!!!  And I noticed you have that rare talent where you can hit the high notes!!!  My friend Demi Lovato has that.  Even my husband Nick, but that developed through his years in the Jonas Brothers and a solo artist."

"I am a fan of hers as well."

"Awesome.  I'll tell her you said hi then."

"Thank you!!"

Steven and Blake had similar thoughts to me.  Eventually, we all decided she was going to Hollywood.

"Hey, sweetie!!  Guess what?  You're going to Hollywood!" Blake announced, handing her a golden ticket.

She screamed and then left the room.

I smile and laugh.  "I love her."

Steven asks me, "So growing up in Tennessee, huh?  How'd you get famous then?"

I can't tell if it's a joke or not, but I answer him.  "Yeah, it was on a farm in Franklin.  My dad is a country singer and actor that came out with 'Achy Breaky Heart' and 'I Want My Mullet Back.'  At the time I was growing up, he was on a show called Doc and he let me star in some minor roles on the show.  Most people thought it was Hannah Montana that gave me the start, but it was actually DocHannah just helped give a little boost.  And then that allowed me to do my first album."

We went through the next few contestants until this one other favorite of mine came in and hugged me right away, kind of startling me.

"Careful, careful.  Pregnant lady here," I say, laughing.