Chapter 9: It's a Girl!/Valentine's Day

Miley's POV:

Two months later, I am four months along and we had found out the gender.  We were going to have a girl.  We found names and decided to give her the name I had at birth, Destiny Hope, before I legally changed it to Miley Ray.  I started dropping hints when I was out and about by wearing pink and bringing Adam with me.

Adam is now 9 months old and grew out of crawling, so now he walks after Nick, who he looks like more and more, but he hangs onto me.  He's even learned a few more words to speak.

Today is Valentine's Day.  Nick and I gave each other our gifts and then it was time for the announcement.  I put Adam on my lap and sat next to Nick who put the camera on his phone in selfie mode and filmed.

I let Adam start off.  "Baby girl!  A sister!" he says happily with the limited vocabulary he has.

I praise him.   "Good job!"  I turn to the camera.  "Adam is right.  We have a baby girl on the way.  We named her Destiny Hope Jonas."

Nick speaks his turn.  "Destiny will come into the world around mid-July.  We are all very excited for her and Adam is very excited to be a big brother.  We have been preparing him for when Destiny does come.  Those who have younger siblings, like me and Miley, will understand this."

I speak again.  "I am currently four months along with Destiny, who will be our second child.  And even more news is that I quit veganism.  It's just too complicated combining it with a pregnancy diet.  I have to eat for two, people!  But I will find other ways to help animals, trust me on that!"

"So with that, we wish you all a happy Valentine's Day!"  We kiss and then takes turn to kiss Adam (Nick was first), and he bends back down to Adam.  "Adam, do you want to say bye?"

Adam turns his face away from Nick and to the camera.  "Bye!"

We smile and laugh.  "Bye!"

Nick turns off the video mode and puts it on picture mode.

I help Adam get off my lap, stand up, and pose sideways.  Adam winds up walking over to me, and clutching my leg.  He looks up at me.

Nick grabs him, but Adam refuses.  "Fine, Adam.  It'll probably make it cuter anyways."  He lets Adam remain his hold on me takes the picture.  He posts the video first on his Instagram story w/ caption, "Happy Valentine's Day from the Jonases (and to my beautiful wife and son)!  We have BIG NEWS here!"  He then adds the picture to his story, drawing arrows to me, the bump, and Adam (Why Adam?).  He put "Wife, Mommy, & former vegan" next to the arrow pointing to me, "A 4-months-pregnant baby bump, which has our soon-to-be-born daughter Destiny Hope Jonas (due mid-July)" next to the arrow pointing to the bump, and "Already-born 9-month-old son Adam Paul Jonas (bday May 12th - man, he's going to be 1!)" next to the arrow pointing to Adam.  He adds it to his highlights "Daddy Life" and "Hubby Life."

I add the video to my own story, putting the caption "Happy Valentine's Day from the Jonases (and to my handsome husband and son)!  We have BIG NEWS here!"  Then I screenshotted Nick's picture and added it to my story, drawing an arrow to the part where it has Nick's username and profile picture and putting below it, "Dad, husband, & GREAT VALENTINE!"  I added it to my "Wifey Life" and "Mommy Life" highlights.

He looks at that and goes, "Hey, that's bigger than mine."

"It's fair.  AND it is Valentine's Day!"

"Speaking of that, what do you want to do?"

"Hmm . . . Just chill at home."

"K."  He finds the remote and turns on the TV.  The news was on us.