Chapter 14: Post-Birth

Miley's POV:

The next day, Nick and I left the hospital with Adam and our new baby girl Destiny Hope.  We stayed overnight and the hospital released us today.  I carried our daughter and Nick held our son as we went into our car and left.  The paparazzi that was there yesterday had chased us, waiting for a glimpse of us, mostly Destiny, as she's the newest member of our family of four.

Destiny is an angel, just like her brother is.  She slept all night without waking me or Nick up.  We can't wait to see what she's like at home.

When we got home, I settled Destiny in her nursery and Nick settled Adam in his.  We went into our room to chill after a long day and a half (it felt like two days!).  We turned on the TV, and sure enough, the news was on us.

"Miley and Nick just had their daughter!  Destiny Hope Jonas, who was named after mom, was born yesterday morning at 10:00 in the morning, joining the family of four.  She weighs eight pounds, which was smaller than the couple's son and big brother Adam Paul.  The couple had announced the birth via video on Nick's Instagram story and interview with PEOPLE Magazine, which you can visit now on www.people.com.  They were seen leaving the hospital this morning, and everyone got to see the glimpse of Destiny, who was sleeping in their mom's arms.  While mom held Destiny, dad held Adam.  The parents of now 2 are just starting to break out of a long hiatus from their work starting with their engagement.  The 'Find You' singer is coming out with a new album, and had his first performance in a while at the iHeart Radio Music Awards last month, performing a new song that's been written, but not released yet.  Meanwhile, it is unknown if the 'Wrecking Ball' hitmaker will follow her husband in going back to singing, but it looks like her work will be continued to be delayed with parental duties, seeing that she had just given birth.  The couple both work as singers and actors, with works in 'Jumanji,' 'Jonas,' 'Hannah Montana,' 'The Last Song,' and more and albums such as 'Can't Be Tamed,' 'Younger Now,' 'Bangerz,' 'Last Year was Complicated,' 'Nick Jonas X2,' and more.  They actually met through work at a fundraiser for Disney, dating for a year and a half in 2006 and 2007, and again for the summer in 2009 in Georgia.  They share a duet together called 'Before The Storm,' which they both admitted it was their story about their relationship.  They thank the Grammys for their reunion in 2018 as they reunited backstage for the first time in years.  After 9 years of not dating, the two got back together with much stronger love and openness about the relationship, soon after Miley ended things with the actor Liam Hemsworth, who she had to date for publicity and admitted the stint, caused by the producers for The Last Song, on GMA.  They married on June 11, 2020, which was the anniversary of when they met, creating a double anniversary.  Nearly a year later, they had Adam on May 12th.  They then celebrated Adam's first birthday & appeared on Live With Kelly and Ryan two months ago, and had Destiny recently."

I found the article on Twitter, & quote tweeted it, "Our baby girl is here!  For details, please read this article," tagging Nick in it, and he had done the same, only tagging me.  "Let's watch something else."  I put on Netflix, and we searched TV shows to put on.  We saw they had The Crown on and decided on that.  I put it on and we watched that.

Then Nick got a call and took it while I paused the show.  "Hello?  Oh, hey, Selena, Demi.  Yeah, we're home.  Nah, not much.  Just put on Netflix.  Why?  Hold on."  He puts the phone down and turns back to me.  "Selena and Demi are in the neighborhood.  They want to stop by and see Destiny while they're here."

"That's fine."

He puts the phone back to his ear.  "Miley said it's ok.  Yeah, hahaha, that's what happens when you're married.  Same thing is going to happen to you when you marry someone.  Alright, see ya later."  He hangs up.  "They're going to be here in five minutes."