Chapter 13

Victoria's POV 

I knew I had gotten far as it was now around 8:00 pm but my legs still carried me. I tried to turn around but even though I was in human form, my wolf wanted me to keep walking. 

I heard the sound of water, I turned my head to the left and I saw water now glistening under the moonlight. 

I walked toward it, it was beautiful, cut exactly in the middle of the forest. Suddenly, I inhaled the most delicious smell. 

The mouth watering scent was a musk of musk and ginger, a smell that ever since I inhaled it the first time, I would never be able to forget it. 

He was here. Somewhere, my eyes searched rapidly. My mate, the one who ripped my life to shreds, took away the life I knew, my happiness, the man who rejected me. 

Finally my eyes landed on him. He was merely 50 feet away. I felt frozen. I looked at how in 6 years, how he've changed. 

The young scrawny boy was now gone. In his place stood a grown man. He had short black hair and I remembered how once his hair was long and curly, it had reached his shoulders back then. 

He had a very toned body with a muscled chest and toned arms that could be seen through his black t-shirt. I wanted to run my hand up and down his chest as I felt a need for him grow in me. 

"Mate," my wolf screamed in my head. She was excited that after 6 years he was here. He stared at the river with longing but I couldn't understand why. 

I was frozen, I didn't know what to do. Then my world started crashing down. I then thought of all that he did to me and my family. 

Then the plan ringed in my head. Pretend you're his second chance, get him to fall in love with you, use him to get closer to his father and Britney. 

It pained me as how I had to play and betray my mate but I took a deep breath and decide it will be now. Then I started walking closer to him. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny's POV 

I stared at the river which sung a sad tune, like the river itself was crying. I turned my head to the right to see where it continued. I knew that two miles down from here was where my mate was murdered and that I didn't do anything to stop it. 

I knew her body was not buried, there was no one in her family that I knew of to do so. I stared at the river and wished so much that she didn't die here as the river reminded me of her, to me the river was her, crying because I had betrayed her. 

I felt the now normal emptiness in my chest. I stared at the water and saw Sacha. Her beautiful dark blue eyes, and soft and shiny black hair. I never even got to touch her. We barely even had a chance to exchange words. 

I then thought of all the times the King tried to get me to react by setting me up with people by taking me to brothels all over Italy. 

There was a time when Emilio suggested that maybe I was attracted to the same sex and the King took me to those kind of brothels. The King certainly had fun at those outings but no one had been able to get me to react. 

I looked up at the moon, then the most strongest and pleasant smell filled my nostrils. It was so strong I felt my mouth get moist. It was jasmine with a soft touch of vanilla.I turned my head to the left then I saw something that caused my wolf to jump in happiness, the first time that's ever happened to me. 

I saw her, and she was now walking towards me. To say she was beautiful would an understatement. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my cursed and miserable life.