Chapter 10

Danny's POV

'3 Weeks' I kept repeating in my head. In less than 21 days, I get to see those people who ruined my life, who ruined me.

The King told me that there was a secret pack that was forming that was too small to fight my father's pack on their own and for that they requested his presence. I know how my father could be when it came to resistance, if he found out about the secret pack, he could get them all killed.

I walked calmly to my room after what the King told me, I felt hatred for my father and was a little happy at what was coming for him. I know how Dominico is when it comes to disobedience, execution.

I didn't fear that the King would murder me as I don't fear death, I have nothing to lose. I know that I don't have a long time to be alive anyways, for that I was silently  glad.

When I reached the blue painted door which belonged to my room, I found Emilio leaning on the wall next to it. "Dobbiamo parlare (we need to talk)" he said. After I opened the door, I stepped in and made a hand gesture telling him to enter.

I walked next to my bedroom and gestured Emilio to sit on the maroon colored couch which sat across the 70" flat screen tv, which I haven't once opened. I opened my wine cabinet and pulled out a 1894 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, and two wine glasses and walked toward Emilio.

"What is it you want to talk about" I said opening the bottle, pouring the wine, and placing it on the small table in front of him. "Daniel, we have this talk every time you come back from a mission, I have to make sure you haven't lost it" he said earning a chuckle out of me.

I knew I had lost it ever since I woke up and Sacha was gone. I had lost it, my reason to live. "Why did you kill that man Daniel, and do not answer me perché il Re lo richiedeva" (because the King requested) he said glaring at me at the last statement knowing that would have been my first answer.

I chuckled again and he looked at me with a look that a father would give his child who has been causing him much trouble, before picking up the wine glass and drinking from it.

Although Emilio was only about 10 years older than me, he treated me as a 15 year old and sometimes that seriously pissed me off. But because he was my best friend, I allowed him to do so.

Emillio can be the most stubborn person when he wants to be, I know if I didn't answer him, he would only persist until I did. I sighed and told him what he already knew. "He was selling werewolf blood. Humans not really knowing what it is they're consuming, have gotten addicted to werewolf blood over the last decade.

That man marketed that and shipped werewolf blood to over 20 countries. This was not his only crime. In order to get the werewolf blood he captures young pups who have just reached puberty and kept them as prisoners.

His last plan was to steal a man's money, since that man had won the lottery to spread his business to more countries" I said getting up to get more wine as I had drunk the first glass I had already gotten.

When I walked back to him he was looking at me with a look of pity and I wanted to punch it right off his face. "Daniel, you said that with no emotion , if you didn't complete this mission,a lot more people would have died, capisci che? (do you understand?)" He said and I knew what he was trying to do getting me to feel good about what I do.

I stood there silently thinking of what he said, I've heard this speech more than enough times before, then it would usually follow with him telling me that I can always choose another path, that it's not too late.

Before he could start that other conversation, I told him what I had to tell him and what I know that he wanted to know. "The King's making a trip to California in 3 weeks" I said my voice barred of emotion. And his eyes snapped up to meet mines.