Chapter 17

Jenny's POV 

I looked in the mirror trying on my 5th outfit already, failing to find the perfect one. I'm going on a date with "the" King of all werewolves and all my clothes looked inferior for this event. I have few dresses and nothing seem to be good enough.

The date is at 8 pm and it was 7:45 and he's still not here. I chose a dress that Victoria lend me last year when we were throwing a party for a new piece of land that we bought. It's strapless, bright blue, has a sweetheart top, form-fitting, falls mid thigh, and has a criss-cross fold pattern at the top.

I sat on my bed, excited for the time we're going to have. I feel happy for his efforts, I know that he normally doesn't get put up in these situations. Time passed slowly and before I knew it, it was 10:00 pm and I felt the tears threatening to fall.

"No, Jenny. He's the King, he probably had better things to do then be with you" I said taking off my heels. "He probably got stuck going to an expensive party, with more important people, with girls that are wayyy prettier than you." I said trying to fight the tears.

I tried to reach the zipper to unzip my dress but it was stuck. I wanted to scream, to punch someone in the face, but instead I just stood in front of the mirror, watching as my makeup got ruined by my own tears.

I entered the bathroom, to find a towel so I could wipe my face. I looked but found nothing but I dreaded so much leaving my room at the moment that instead I just angrily stomped around in a circle, before walking to lay on my bed.

I couldn't help it now as my tears formed two streams pouring out my eyes. My heart felt like it was being ripped to shreds all for being stood up. I knew that I was overreacting but that didn't stop the way I was feeling.

I knew that he probably had a good reason and even if he didn't, he probaly didn't feel like he has to tell me why, hes my freaking King after all. All I've heard of Kings is that everyone is suppose to be like slaves to them, that they live forever which doesn't mean they reign forever and mind control.

I literally have a mate that if he wants could make me do what he wants and that pisses me off so bad. "He probably thinks that he could just come home and order me to forgive him and I would because he's handsome and Italian, and the moon goddess just decided that I'm the perfect person to be put in this situation.

He could've called, it's his house." I said, realizing then that I was speaking to no one, that no one else hearing the pain I felt just because I got stood up for a date. I closed my eyes, hoping that in the morning, it will hurt just a bit less.

Dominico's POV 

I watched at Alpha Rodriguez carried a child out of one of the burning buildings. Second time that this has happened since I've arrived. It's another one of Brian's attempt to scare anyone who would try to take over his tyrannical rule. Fortunately we arrived on time and only 5 wolves were found seriously hurt so far.

Daniel and Emilio were to stay at the hotel and on my way home, I got the news of the fire. I watched as another woman screamed as her mate was placed on the gurney, his body lifeless as he got carried away. I wanted to walk into Brian's house right now and personally rip his head off his shoulders.

I watched as the child was placed into an ambulance, then back to the building for Victoria. My sister almost ripped Corey's head off for being here. She hated him putting his life on the line, and he told her that's what a beta meant, and she was now mad at me for not ordering him to stay with her.

"Ti ucciderò, lo giuro per la dea della luna che mi troverò un modo (I'll kill you, I swear to the goddess of the moon that I will find a way)" She said through our family link.