Chapter 11

Jenny's POV

I was grateful, but I was also not. The moon goddess has found me worthy of a second chance. But I don't know if I'll be able to let go of Justin. Although he was nothing but a jerk to me, I can't help it, I still love him.

"Hi Ken" I said looking at the driver of the blue 2012 mercedes sedan car that Victoria sent for me and he was now smiling at me. I was constantly looking back to see if I had been followed.

To my utter disapointment, I wasn't. My wolf was angry at me for leaving her mate behind.

"Hi Ken" I said looking at the driver who was now smiling at me. "Welcome back to California, Jen" he said and I just smiled. "I need to get home now please, so can we hurry" I said with pleading eyes, making sure to emphasize the urgency of me to leave.

"Of course, thank you for picking me up Ken" I said and he turned around in the seat giving me a glimpse at his dazzling smile.

Ken was one of Justin's best friends but he did the things right in telling his mate as soon as he had found her.

Now he's now married to her and their expecting their second child. I felt a light pain in my chest, not as painful as the usual one I got when I  thought of the fact that my mate was taken from me.

I sometimes envied them, if only Justin had not been sleeping around and just accepted me.

But then I thought of the man at the airport and little by little the pain disappeared. It's like I was dead and he brought me back. It surprise me how five minutes of my life changed everything.

After so many years of mourning for Justin, it was a surprise to me how fast and ready my wolf was to move on, but I wasn't. I pulled out my phone and started checking my message to stop myself from thinking of that man,  his penetrating and mysterious stare .

I felt that warmth again in my mid-section.I sat there surprised at myself at how much I wanted him.

To run my hand through his luscious hair, to touch that ripped chest, to feel his lips take over mine, and to be able to touch his perferctly chiseled face.

No, you can't, I thought to myself. You still love Justin, at least get justice for what happened to him first, before focusing on the man that an have this effect on you without even touching you.

I was thinking so much about the two men in my life that I didn't even notice that we had arrived. It wasn't until the driver opened the door for me that I realized I was home, and I never felt happier, but Victoria had to know.

It was 3:50 AM, when I entered, Jaime and Corey were crowded around the kitchen table looking at a map. So focused that I entered, and had to walk up to them before they finally noticed me.

"Jenny" they said and got off their red colored countertop chairs to come hug me. I hugged them back but then who I saw at the airport came back to me. "I have to tell you guys something" I said looking at them causing their looks to turn back to seriousness.

Then Victoria walked in and ran crushing me in a bone crushing hug. "Jenny!!" she said happily. It was moments like this I missed her, although the girl has gone through hell and back emotionally, she never lets that affect how she acts around the people she loved.

"I missed you so much" she said while keeping me in a bone crushing hug. "I missed you too but I have some news to tell you"

"Is it about Mara, how is Mara?" she said with interest shining in her eyes. In order to look as Victoria, she had to do changes to her body.

Everyday she has to bathe herself in a very strong jasmine soap that Jaime recommended her in order to change her scent which originally was vanilla.