Chapter 36

•Tyler•

I stood in a box with Tyler, Jamie, and Vero. I wore a plain black shirt and jeans with a penguins hat on my head. I didn't want to wear anything the Sidney had given me.

Vero had hugged me for 5 minutes, updating me on everything that had happened while I was gone. I introduced her to Jamie and Tyler and then the game started.

The first period had ended with New York up 1-0 and the second was just starting. I was nervous for Sidney, and I wanted him to win more than anything.

He was still important to me, the most important guy in my life. I was sitting at the edge of the box, gripping the edge tightly.

"Come on Sid." I mumbled, focusing my attention on the game. I jumped when someone touched my shoulder and I saw Jamie smile and sit next to me.

"How you holding up kiddo?" he asked, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Good." I said quickly. He frowned and I glanced down at my hands. "Bad." I mumbled quietly.

Suddenly the crowd erupted and the Pens were grouped near the Rangers goal. I screamed and jumped up to hug Vero who was yelling loudly in French.

"I'm so happy!" I screamed into her ear, trying to talk over everyone else.

"It wasn't even your boy!" she yelled back. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I don't have a boy." I mumbled. She looked at me sadly and motioned me over to the corner.

"He really misses you. Marc talks about how sad he is and how he doesn't want to do anything. Please just talk to him?" she said, squeezing my hand.

"I have to get things from the apartment anyway. I'll probably see him there." I said quietly. Tyler walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up and carrying me over to the edge of our box.

"Tyler!" I squealed, flailing a bit. "Let me down!" I pouted, trying to turn and look at him.

"You're gonna sit here and watch hockey with me and I'm gonna teach you everything you need to know." he said with a smile.

I nodded and sat next to him, listening to him point things out and call things. And then the Rangers scored.

The stadium went even louder, cheering on the Pens, the score now 2-1 Rangers. "Let's go Nealer!" I yelled, watching as he sped up the ice with the puck.

"He's got no one to pass to, the Rangers will take it away from him." Tyler remarked quietly.

"Shush twin." I said, clamping my hand over his mouth. "Don't jinx anything."

He rolled his eyes and licked my hand, making me squeal and pull my hand off of his mouth. "Gross Tyler!" I said, wiping my palm on his shirt.

"You just want an excuse to feel my muscles." he teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. The second period came to a close and I rested my head against the wall. "Hey." I heard someone say from behind me.

I shot up and turned to see Beau, grinning widely. "Beau!" I yelled, launching myself into his arms and hugging him tightly.

"Hey Ty!" he said with a chuckle, squeezing me back. "Long time, no see."

I nodded, our conversation taking a turn I didn't want it to. "Yeah. I, uh, had to get away for a little while."

He nodded, smiling softly. "It'll be okay. I know everything's crazy right now, but I promise it'll be okay."