Chapter 7

•Tyler•

My phone began to ring and it picked it up lazily. "Hello?"

"Hi darling! How are things?" I heard my aunt say.

"They're really good! I still love my job and it's good pay. I got a bit of a raise a couple weeks ago. How are things back there?" I explained to my Aunt Julia.

"Pretty good! Tim broke his pinky yesterday chopping some wood, so he's still complaining about it." she said with a chuckle.

"What about me Julia?" I heard a gruff voice say on the other end.

"Hi Uncle Tim!" I chirped.

"Baby!" he cried happily. My eyes brimmed with tears. "How are you sweetie?"

"I'm really good." I choked out. I missed my family so much.

"How are Griff and Freddie?" my uncle asked. He had a fond spot for them and treated them like his sons when he came to visit.

"They're good! Chasing away potential boyfriends." I said with a sigh.

"Are they now?" Aunt Julia said with a happy strain in her voice. "Oh yay Ty! What's his name?" she cooed.

A blush rose to my face. "Sidney." I mumbled.

"You need me to come down there and warn him what'll happen if he messes with you?" Uncle Tim said as menacingly as he could.

"No, I think Griffin and Freddie have handled that."

"What about us?" I heard. I turned and saw Freddie with a grin and Griffin closing the door softly.

"Tim and Julia were asking about you." I said with a smile.

"Give them our best." Freddie said, heading to the kitchen and pulling open the fridge, looking for something to eat.

"We'll let you go and deal with your boys Ty. We'll be calling you soon to check in again, okay baby?" Tim said softly. My heart clenched and I nodded, knowing why they would be calling so soon.

"We love you so much Tyler." they both said softly.

"I love you too. H-have you...." I said, biting my lip.

"Nothing." Julia said quietly. "I'm so sorry darling."

"It's okay, I just thought I'd ask. Take good care, bye." I said as my eyes filled with tears that threatened to spill over any second.

I hung up and ran into Freddie's open arms. He rubbed my back as I buried my face in his chest and let out small sobs.

I felt another pair of arms wrap around me and cried even harder, knowing Griffin was there too.

"I love you guys." I sniffed, wiping my eyes. "More than anything."

"We love you too Ty." Griffin said, kissing my head softly.

"I'm gonna go take a nap." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"We'll be a floor away if you need us." Freddie said with a grin. I nodded and headed into my room. I curled up under the covers and wished that Sid was here.

I felt my phone vibrate and saw a text from Sid. 'Hey Ty:)'

I smiled and responded. 'Hey'

He texted me back almost immediately. 'Everything okay?'

I smiled at his concern. 'Just missing my family a lot'

':( I know how that feels'

'How do you handle it? I just feel so bleh'

'It's difficult but I have my family with me everyday. My team is my family, really cheesy, I know, but it's true.'