Chapter 9

•Sidney•

She wiped her eyes quickly and tried to breathe normally. I rubbed her back and wished I could just take all the pain away from her.

"I wanna tell you. You need to know." she said quietly.

"Tyler, you don't have to. When you're ready you can tell me." I said, kissing her temple.

"I'm ready. I have to get it off my chest."

I nodded, fixing the blanket so it covered her shoulders. She took a deep breath and then looked up at me.

"I lived in Maine with my parents and my brother. We had a house near the ocean, we had a dog named Scout, we had a perfect life." She smiled, remembering everything.

"Then, it all changed. I woke up one morning when I heard something from downstairs. I went down and saw my parents packing the car. Suitcases, boxes, everything."

"My mom came back into the house and I asked her where they were going." Tyler paused, brushing a tear away from her cheek quickly. "S-she told me that they had to go take care of something and that they'd be back before dinner."

"They never came back. We were 6 years old."

"We?" I asked slowly.

She nodded. "My brother Alex and I. We're identical twins. It's really rare to be identical twins and be different genders. My parents always told us we were just more special than all the others."

"We were put into foster care for a year and a half until everything got cleared up and then we lived with our aunt and uncle. And then..."

"I was 17 years old. I came home from school. Alex had stayed home because he said he didn't feel well. I knocked on his door to check on him and no one answered, so I went in."

She paused, the pain clear on her face. "His bed was made, everything was untouched, and he was gone. No letter, no explanation, just a stuffed animal he gave me when we were 7. He had a matching one."

The tears rolled down her cheeks steadily as she tried to control her emotions. "I haven't heard from him since. Not a call, not a letter, nothing. He just got up and fucking left. Who does that?!" she yelled before breaking down into sobs.

"I miss him so much." she finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"I know you do Ty. I know." I comforted, letting her crawl into my lap and rest her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being so emotional, I'm usually not like this." she murmured.

"Tyler, don't apologize to me. You have nothing to be sorry about." I said sternly.

"You're so sweet for coming here." she said softly, gently taking my hand in hers. "You didn't have to."

"Yes I did." I retorted. "I wasn't about to let you be here alone." She smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Are you doing anything tonight? You can stay for dinner if you want. I was gonna make spaghetti." she asked, almost a bit shyly.

"Well, I was asked to dinner by a really cute blonde and I can't say no to her." I joked.

Tyler's face dropped and she looked down at her hands. "Oh." she mumbled, getting up from the position she was in on my lap.

"Tyler," I said with a grin.

"No it's fine, really, I get it." she said fighting tears.

"It's you, you goof! Of course I'll stay." I said with an eye roll, watching her eyes widen in shock.

"Oh! I'll start cooking, are you hungry?" she asked, heading to the sink to wash her hands.

"I'm starving. You want some help?" I asked, sticking my hands under the water and washing them.

"That would be fantastic Squid." she said with a satisfied grin on her face.

********

"Finished!" she exclaimed, putting the large bowl of pasta in front on me.

"It looks amazing Ty." I praised, taking a sip of my wine.

"I can't take all the credit." She winked and sat down, taking the hairband out of her hair and letting it cascade down her shoulders.

I quickly looked away before she realized that I was staring at her. I couldn't help myself, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

"So how's your knee feeling?" she asked.

"Really good. I think I can go back to skating soon, right?"

She looked hesitant. "I think you might wanna hold off for a few more days, but you can definitely walk on it and do everything else." I grinned and drank more wine as we ate and laughed.

I felt a bit buzzed, but not completely drunk. My head was becoming a bit foggy and I couldn't think very clearly. "Hey Tyler." I said, as she laughed and came closer to me.

"I really really like you." I whispered as she blushed deeply.

"Sid you're drunk." she murmured, as we cuddled on the couch.

"Not yet." I said with a grin, tilting my head down and kissing her roughly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me on top of her.

I propped myself up with my elbows and straddled her, my lips not moving off of hers.

"Don't stop." she breathed, knotting her fingers in my hair and kissing my bottom lip sensually.

"Anything for you." I replied, cupping her cheeks and kissing her again.

•Tyler•

"Squid," I said, curling up next to him on the couch. "Do, do you wanna stay over tonight?"

He raised an eyebrow. "I wasn't sure we were that far along in our relationship."

I choked on my spit and my face turned beet red. "Not like that! Just cause you've been drinking and I would feel a lot better if you didn't drive home." I spluttered quickly.

He laughed and slung his arm over my shoulders. "Of course I want to stay cutie."

My cheeks heated up again. "You can sleep in my bed and I can sleep on the couch if you want." I offered, standing up and glancing at the clock.

"Don't be stupid Tyler, I'll sleep on the couch."

"Nonono." I said quickly. "I'd feel terrible."

"Then why don't we just share the bed?" he said slyly. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat Crosby." I scoffed, trying to hide my pleasure. He grinned and kissed me again. I kissed back, a smile curving my lips up.

"I should get some sleep; we have practice tomorrow and I get to ride the bike." he said with a smirk.

"Fuck, I don't have any clothes for you to sleep in. Do you want me to run up to Freddie's and grab you something?" I said, panicking a bit. I couldn't believe I forgot about clothes for him.

"I'll just sleep in my boxers." he said. "I, I mean if that's okay with you." he stuttered nervously.

"Uh yeah. That's fine." I said awkardly. "I'm gonna go get dressed." I said, hurrying into my room and closing my door. I ran into the bathroom that was attatched my room and called Freddie.

"Dude I'm freaking out." I said as soon as he answered.

"About what?"

"Sid is staying over tonight. He's kinda drunk." I said with a panicky tone in my voice.

"Woah Ty, that's fantastic! Get it babe." he shouted.

"Shut up! What do I do? I'm freaking out Freddie, I haven't slept with anyone since Sean."

"You don't know you're gonna do anything yet, just stay calm okay? Everything is gonna be okay. I gotta go, enjoy your man hon." he said, hanging up.

I took a deep breath, changed into shorts and a tanktop and got ready.