Chapter 34

•Tyler•

The games flew by and the Pens had won the series against the Blue Jackets 4-2. Sidney was distant, and I knew it was because he was stressed about the current games against the Rangers.

The Rangers had just tied the series back up, sending it to game 7. I could tell Sidney was going to be in a terrible mood. He barely talked to me, especially after a loss.

I sat on the couch with Maverick, cringing as I heard the door slam shut. There was a loud crash and Sidney stormed into the living room, throwing his bag onto the floor.

"FUCK." he screamed, slamming his fist against the wall. I kept my mouth shut and tried to keep Maverick away from him, but he jumped out of my arms and raced toward Sid.

"Mav!" I called, but it was too late. The puppy jumped onto Sidney's leg and pawed at him.

"Get this fucking mutt off of me Tyler! You have one fucking job!" Sidney yelled, flinging Maverick off of his leg harshly. Mav hit the wall and whimpered loudly.

"SIDNEY." I screamed, running over to the puppy and picking him up, cradling him in my arms. "What the fuck is your problem?! You could've really hurt him!"

"Oh boo fucking hoo Tyler. It's a fucking dog. They just tied the series up, I think my problems are a bit more important!" he yelled at me.

"Not everything has to revolve around you and hockey! It's a damn game!" I yelled back. "And recently you barely even pay attention to me! We haven't talked in at least 3 days, so don't give me that attitude."

"Get over yourself Tyler! You know hockey will always be first in my life!" he screamed. "You're just getting in the way and your constant crying about your parents is getting really fucking old; they're dead! Get over it, they didn't love you, so move the fuck on!"

I was shaking in anger, not even comprehending what was happening. "You're the biggest fucking selfish bastard I've ever met Sidney Crosby. Stay the fuck out of my life, we're fucking done." I screamed, running into our, now his, room and throwing as many clothes I could fit into a suitcase.

I heard a door slam shut and I knew he had left, probably to go bitch about his loss to some sorry sap that might actually pretend to give a fuck.

I packed quickly and grabbed Maverick's crate, putting him in it and grabbing my keys, storming out of the apartment.

I didn't know where I was going, I just needed to go. I wound up at the airport, and suddenly there was a plane ticket in my hand to Dallas. I boarded a half an hour later, and was on my way to Dallas before Sidney could even realize that I was gone.

I landed, tears still overflowing my eyes. I collected my suitcase and Maverick. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jamie. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hello?" he murmured sleepily.

"Jamie?" I sniffled.

"Tyler?" he said, sounding more awake. "What's wrong?"

"I'm at the airport in Dallas, can, uh, can you come pick me up please? I just really need someone." I said, beginning to sob.

"Of course! I'll be right there, just let me put some pants on. Ow! Shit- I'll be right there." he said, sounding flustered.

"I'm sorry." I cried, petting Maverick from outside his cage.

"No, don't worry about it, I- TYLER GET UP I NEED YOU!- Just don't go anywhere else okay? Stay put and I'll be there in 15. TYLER FUCKING SEGUIN YOU FUCKING-"