Chapter 14

•Tyler•

I was fixing my hair when Freddie and Griffin burst in. They were incredibly excited about going to the game tonight and I was too.

Sid said that I was going to meet the whole team and I was equally excited to finally meet them, after hearing so much.

"Come on Tyler! We have to go!" Freddie said, tugging my arm as I was putting on my jacket.

"Calm down, I'm coming!" I said exasperatedly. It wouldn't be a long drive and as we got into the car, I could feel my eyes beginning to droop.

I was exhausted from work, and fell into a deep sleep, my head against the window.

*****
Griffin woke me up when we arrived and I got out of the car slowly, my body achy.

"Can you believe this?!" Freddie said with a grin. "A professional hockey game. Tyler's dating a professional hockey player."

I rolled my eyes and slung my arms over both of their shoulders. "You boys said I couldn't get a guy, and I got the best one ever." I said smugly.

"I don't know about the best..." Griffin said with a smirk. I looked at him with a frown.

"You know I got the best one. You just don't want to admit how perfect he is." I stuck out my tongue and allowed my thoughts to drift to Sidney.

"This door Ty." Freddie said pulling me through a door. Crowds of people were flooding in and I barely could find Griffin and grab his hand.

He pulled me through the crowd as we headed up stairs to our seats. According to Freddie and Griffin, they were "seriously amazing." I just knew they were a few rows from the ice.

There were a lot of people in jerseys, some Penguins and some Detroit. We headed into the stadium and saw both teams skating around on the ice.

I sat down and saw a girl give me a disapproving look. She gave an eye roll and turned around to show the 87 on her jersey.

Freddie saw and glared at her as she walked away. "What a little bitch." he muttered angrily.

I laughed and patted his arm. My phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a text from Sidney.

'I see you:)'

I laughed and looked around, trying to find him.

'I'm in a box babe, you won't be able to see me'

I frowned and texted him back.

'Well then how are you going to explain to me how this hockey thing works?'

'I guess I'll just have to teach you how to play another time(;'

'Im holding you to that:)'

'Ill come get you after the game?'

'See you then hotshot!'

'Tyler you're my favorite person ever wow I can't even stop talking about you'

I was really confused until I got another text.

'Sorry Beau took my phone'

I laughed and shook my head.

'So I'm not your favorite person?'

'Oh you are:)'

'Good cause you're becoming one of mine!'

I slipped my phone into my pocket and stood up for the national anthem, meaning the game was about to begin.

It seemed like I had only blinked when everyone had begun to pass the puck and shoot. It was really confusing and I didn't understand any of it.