Chapter 20

•Tyler•

After ten minutes of waiting, I was growing anxious. I kept checking my phone and saw the minutes ticking by.

After a half an hour, I unlaced my skates and gathered my things from the bench and began to walk around to head up to the exit.

"Tyler!" I heard Sid tell from across the ice.

I turned around and saw him standing over at the bench. "Oh so now you show up?" I said, trying to stay mad at him.

"I'm sorry! Please just come back over here and out these on." he pleaded, holding up the skates.

I walked back over and sat down on the bench, pulling off my boots and slipping my feet back into the skates.

I touched his shoulder lightly as he knelt down to lace them up for me. "Sid." I said slowly.

He looked up at me with a soft smile and I smiled back, blushing as he looked at me.

"Come on Ty." he said, grabbing my hand and helping me up. I gripped his hand tightly as we headed out onto the ice and I gingerly stepped onto it, immediately feeling my feet slipping from underneath me.

I let out a squeak and clung to Sidney quickly to keep from falling. He was laughing hysterically and gently pulled me off of him.

"Okay, keep your feet up straight and don't lean too much forward or too much back. Hold on to my hand. Now push back and forth." he instructed.

"Sidney I'm doing it!" I said excitedly as we began to skate up the side of the rink.

"I knew you could do it babe." he praised, kissing the side of my head. "You're a natural."

"I met someone interesting at practice today. We're friends now." I said, looking up at him with a smile.

"Yeah? Who'd you meet?" he asked as we took another lap around.

"Jamie Benn." I said happily. "He wants us to go get food with him and some of his friends soon."

"Really?" Sid asked, looking surprised and a bit annoyed.

"He's really nice! He's my friend now so don't be mean." I warned.

"I'm not being mean!" Sid said, looking at me with an appalled smirk.

"I know that face Crosby!" I said, poking him in the chest.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he said, his smirk turning into a sly smile.

"Why are you looking at me like th-" I began to say, but before I could finish my sentence, Sidney had picked my up and was skating around with me in his arms.

"SIDNEY CROSBY!" I screamed, shutting my eyes tight and throwing my arms around his neck as he skated even faster around the rink.

"Crosby!" I heard a different voice yell. Sid stopped abruptly and I opened my eyes and turned around.

"Yeah Coach?"

"Don't kill the poor girl. I don't know why she would even want to date you after that. You're even worse than Megna."

Sid laughed and set me down, grabbing my hand and skating over to the guy. He looked middle-aged and wore glasses and a Penguins hat.

"Tyler, this is my coach, Dan Bylsma. Dan, this is Tyler, my girlfriend." he said as Dan reached out and shook my hand.

"Very nice to meet you." I said with a large smile. He smiled back and nodded his head.

"Nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot of the guys talking about you, it's nice to finally be able to put a face to all of the talk."