Chapter 5

•Sidney•

We had been watching the movie for a while and I looked over at Tyler whose eyes were slowly closing. She shivered slightly and I smiled.

I took the blanket that was draped over the back of the couch and covered her with it, watching her eyes open softly. She blinked a few times and looked down at the blanket and then over at me.

"How long was I asleep for?" she asked in a soft groggy voice.

"Not that long Ty." I chuckled. She smiled and stretched out her arms.

"What time is it?" she asked quietly.

"Uhh 1:30." I said, checking my phone quickly. She groaned and pulled the blanket closer to her chest.

"Do you have to work in the morning?" I asked, hoping she would say no.

"No I'm off tomorrow, thankfully." she said. I wanted to grin but I held it back.

"Well your welcome to stay in the guest bedroom if you're too tried to drive home. I'd rather have you stay than to drive home tired."

She smiled and nodded. "Real sly Crosby." I grinned and she threw a pillow at my head.

"Ouch." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes as she laughed hysterically.

"Would it be okay if I stayed here for the night?"

"Of course! Do you need stuff to sleep in? I probably have an extra pair of sweatpants and a shirt that'll be a bit big on you, but it's better than nothing." I said, starting to get up.

"Thank you Sidney." she said quietly, following me closely and making sure I had my balance.

I led her down the hall to the guest room that was right across from my room. It was small, but Tyler looked around like it was amazing.

"Let me go get you some clothes." I said quietly, watching her grab something from underneath her shirt. She pulled out a small gold chain that had a ring looped on it.

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants that were a bit too small for me and a plain white t-shirt for her. I bit my lip, trying to snap my mind out of the thoughts of Tyler in my clothes.

She sat on the bed, her legs crossed and her eyes squeezed shut. "Everything okay?" I asked, touching her shoulder lightly.

She jumped a bit and her eyes shot open. "Huh? Yeah. Sorry, lost in thought." she mumbled, playing with her necklace again.

"Here you go." I said, handing her the clothes. She gave me a soft smile and took them out of my hand.

"I'll let you get changed. Goodnight Tyler." I said, crutching myself towards the door.

"Hey Sidney?" I heard her say quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for everything." She walked toward me and kissed my cheek softly. My face heated up and I headed out, a grin spreading across my face.

•Tyler•

I woke up and glanced at the clock. It was 4:40 and there was a cold sweat on my face and back.

There was a knock on the door and Sidney came in. "Tyler? Are you awake?" he whispered.

"Yeah." I said back softly.

"I couldn't sleep." Sid said, sitting on the edge of my bed. I rolled over towards him and smiled, rubbing my eyes gently.

"How does your leg feel?" I asked, sitting up and crawling out from underneath the covers.

"Pretty good. I have a pretty decent therapist." he said with a chuckle. I touched his injured leg and began to roll the leg of his sweatpants.

The swelling was barely noticeable and there was little bruising. I could feel his eyes watching me carefully and I slowly rolled the leg of his pants back down.

Both of us could feel the tension and Sidney slowly moved closer to me, cupping my cheek with his hand. I closed my eyes and felt his lips brush against mine as my heart began to race.

I draped my arms around his neck and he pulled me onto his lap as we continued to kiss hungrily. I felt lightheaded and we pulled apart, both breathing heavily.

Sid leaned forward again, my lips meeting his as he wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me even closer to him. His lips moved off of mine and traveled down my neck, sucking slowly.

I was panting heavily as Sidney kissed a spot right beneath my jaw. I bit back a groan and let my head roll back a bit.

"I have to tell you something." he said suddenly. "I don't want to hide it any longer, it's been eating me up."

"Sid, what is it?" I asked nervously.

"You know how I okay hockey right? Well I, I um- I'm on the Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm the captain of the team. I don't play for some recreational team, it's my full time job."

My eyes widened and I couldn't believe it. "S-so you're a professional hockey player?" I stuttered in disbelief.

"I didn't want you to treat me any differently because of who I was." he said, cupping my face again.

"Sidney, I would never treat you differently because of that!" I said with a laugh. "I've treated a bunch of professional athletes before. They're normal people too."

He looked immensely relieved and kissed my forehead. "I really like you Tyler."

"I really like you too Squid." I said, trying to contain my giggles.

"Squid? How original." he said with an eye-roll. "You'll pay for that one."

"Yeah?" I said cockily, raising my eyebrow. Before I knew it, Sid was tickling me and I couldn't fight it.

Finally he stopped and we laid on our backs, staring at the ceiling and talking about our lives or anything else that came to mind.

Sidney told me about his career in hockey and I talked about my job until both of us fell asleep, my head resting on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around my waist.