an unlikely friend

( Time skip. It helps the flow of the story.)

(1971)

Jake was at work and I was at Graceland watching Lisa and Aaron play. Pricilla walked out with tea and handed me a glass. She called and said she needed to talk.

"I just don't know what to do." She said looking down. "Pricilla, I know we have never gotten along before but we both know how Elvis can be. If you ever need to talk about it you can talk about it with me." She smiled. She had just finished telling me that Elvis has all but checked out of there marriage. "I knew it would happen sooner or later, we have been drifting apart for years." She took a shaky breath. I remembered Elvis telling me that there romance was at an end. "Do you love him?" I asked. "Yes, do you?" I looked down. "Yea, but I also love Jake. I- I think we both needed to learn that one woman isn't enough for Elvis." She smiled. "I know that's true." I looked at the children playing. "Pricilla." She looked at me. "Mmm?" I let a breath out. "I'm sorry I had an affair with Elvis. I didn't want to hurt anyone, I hated that you got to live at Graceland and I had to hide out in a hotel room." She smiled. "I-I forgive you, Elvis has a way with girls. I don't think any girl can say no to him." Vernon walked out smiling. "Hi girls." We turned and smiled at him. "Hi." We said at the same time. Vernon took the children in. "So, have you two set a date yet?" She asked. "Sometime next year. I was thinking if your okay with it, if Lisa was the flower girl. Aaron is Jake's best man or boy." She smiled. "Yea, she'll like that. They are really close" I smiled. "You know now that we are giving each other a chance I think we could be great friends. I mean we both know how Elvis can be." She smiled. "Me too. I love him but he can really burn me up!" I laughed. "Yea."

I have just decided that it's best for everyone to move on, he was a part of my life but now I have Jake and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Elvis and I were deeply in love at one time but I just have to move on. I'll never have a normal life if I keep sneaking around with him and I don't want to hurt Pricilla anymore than I already have. I'm happy we are getting along. I could really see us being best friends. I've never had one before, and I love Jake so much. He is the right choice for me and my son.

_________

Sorry it's short. What do you think? I wanted to move it along and go with what really stated happening between Pricilla and Elvis in the 70's.