The News

( August 5 1967) 

I haven't seen Elvis since last month. I've gone crazy but just get a phone call. His phone calls are getting shorter and he hardly says much. I fear he has grown tired of me. I was watching the news and the truth hit me hard. "Pricilla Presley three months Pregnant!" That's all I heard when my world went black. That's it, it's over, he won't leave her now. My belly twisted and I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom. I got done and I was ready to chew him out when it was her who answered. "Hello?Hello? " She asked. I hung up and walked away ashamed that I was going to chew a married man out for getting his wife pregnant when I'm the secret woman.

As weeks went on I finally decided I was going to leave him for good. Then it happened. The worst, and best news of my life. I was pregnant and there's no other answer but Elvis is the father, he is the only man I've been with since we started going together. And after what happened at Graceland. How am I going to tell him? am I going to tell him? I don't know. I'm not sure of anything right now. I know I won't get an abortion and I know that one way or an other I am going to keep this child. With or without Elvis's knowledge. The phone rang and I waited until it stopped. He's been calling none stop for a month. It started ringing again and I picked it up ready to face him. "Hello?" I asked quietly. "Becky?" I shook to hear him. "Y-yes?" He exhaled. "You found out about the pregnancy? That's why you've been avoiding my calls?"" He said heart broken. He thought I was upset about her but he had no idea I was. "Yes I did." I said flatly. Tears beginning to come. "I can't leave her now!" It was then I relived he was never going to leave her. "I know and you probably never would have either, you were just stringing me along all this time and let me tell you something we don't need you!" I hung up and walked to get my things and got on the next bus out of Memphis, heck out of Tennessee. We don't need him, we don't need anyone.

----------------

                                                              (February 1, 1968)

I am seven month pregnant and news came that Pricilla had her child, a baby girl. Why I found out from the doctor that I am going to have a baby boy. I may have not been able to get the man I love fully but I've gotten a part of him in son.

                                                               (April 6 1968)

"Push!" I screamed in pain. "Push Rebekah Push!" The doctor said over and over. I think I broke the nurses hand. When finally I heard my sons cry's . I fell back in bed and slowly took in a breath. I was handed him all wrapped in a blue blanket. "Congratulations Rebekah, what are you going to name him?" I didn't even have to think about it "Aaron Elvis Jones." Aaron stopped crying and his eyes, his fathers eyes, gazed into mine as I cried. "Hello Aaron." I said holding his little hand in mine. "Welcome to the world son." He smiled at me and at that moment I fell in love.

(April 6 1969)

"Happy birthday Aaron!" He smiled his fathers smile. I felt a pain in my heart. "Blow em out son." I smiled as he blew and spit all over his chocolate cake making me laugh. "Here." I dipped my finger in the icing and let him lick it off. He grinned. "Hm." Was all I got in respons making me smile. "Well maybe I should have gone to culinary school them mm?" I put him down. "Mommy had work today baby so Kim will watch you okay?" He grinned up at me. "Okay." I kissed him and went to get changed for work.