Kentucky

(1972)

                                                                                  B 27/ E 37

I was dead tired as I walked home from work and climbed the steps to the appartments. I came to my friend Kim's door. She opend it with a smile. "He's been a perfect angle." I smiled and walked in seeing my son, asleep on the chouch with the small TV flickering light on his body. I walked over and carefully picked him up not wanting to wake him and walked to the door smiling. "Thank you." She shook her head. "No problem. Hey I wanted to ask you something." I tilted my head. "Do you like Elvis Presley?" My eyes grew. "W-why do you ask?" I said half shaken. "Well he's coming in town for a concert and my sister can't come so I thought you'd like to come." I smiled. "Oh, well I-I don't know, you see what would I do with my Aaron?" she smiled. "Take him." I bit my lip. "Alright. I'll think on it. Thank you for the offer." She smiled. I walked out and headed for my door. I layed Aaron down in his bed and he steered allitle smiling and rolled over. I brushed his blond bages away from his face and pulled his cover over him. I turned the light off and walked into my bedroom and started to take my work dress off when there was a knock on the door. I pulled it back on and walked to the door.

"Jake, Hi." Jack smiled. "Where is my little buddy?" He asked looking inside the appartment. "He's sleeping." He was lening on the door frame smirking. "No, I'm tired." I said smilling. "Alright, I'll see you tomorror then?" He asked hopeful. "I don't know." I said lookeding down. "Come on you havent given my question any thought?" He asked his eyebrow came up. "Jake, I'm just not ready for that." He folded his arms. "And why not? we love each other and Aaron's my buddy. He approves." I smiled. "I would take care of you, Both of you." "Jake, I- ." He held his hand up. "No. No, it's his father isnt it? Your still holding out that after four long years that scum bag would come back? He won't and even if he did he dosn't decerve you or the amazing son you have." I knew he was right. "Give me a little more time." I said looking down. "Woman,your luck i'm such a pashent man." He kissed me and walked away back to his motorcycle, he climed on and started it. "You think on it real long and hard baby girl." He winked and drove away down the dark street. I smiled and shook my head walking back into my bedroom and getting ready for bed. Ready for sleep to overcome me. I would like to be with Jake but something inside me is telling me to wait. But I just don't know what. He won't wait forever and I do love him and the boys get along so well. But to be Married? I just don't know. I always invitioned myself married to Elvis.