♂the boy who loved magic

HIS CHOSEN GIRL(II)❥ Chapter Two, The Boy Who Loved MagicHarry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL(II)
Chapter Two, The Boy Who Loved Magic
Harry's P.O.V

The voice was quiet at first, faded like background noise. When it was repeated however, I woke up quickly. In a state of tiredness and fear, I looked around for the source of the voice, and I tried to speak when I saw my friend, Hermione, but the lingering terror from my nightmare kept me from doing so.

The nightmares had become routine. Nearly every night now I would expect to awake in a cold sweat, shaking and clutching onto my blanket for dear life.

Trying to distract myself from the traumatic dreams, I focus on Hermione. She was staring down at me with worry laced in her eyes.

"Harry! Are you alright?" She questions.

I tried to settle my unsteady breathing long enough to supply an answer. It felt as if I had just sprinted a marathon my heart was beating so fast, I probably looked it too. I wiped my forehead trying to ignore the agonizing pain in the lightening shaped scar on my forehead.

"Hermione," I finally acknowledged after bringing my heart rate back down to a healthy beat. "Bad dream," I finished. That was all that had to be said for her concerned face to turn to sympathy and she let it go.

I grabbed my glasses off of the bedside table next to me and put them on. Now that I could fully see, I noticed how much Hermione had changed over the summer.

She had gotten taller, her hair was longer, curls more tame than the frizzy state it had been in for the past three years, and she in general just looked older. Ron and I had both grown as well. The two of us, similar to Hermione had much longer hair although ours was the least tame it had ever been, mine especially. I had shot up a fair amount over the summer and I couldn't help but wonder if (y/n) had changed at all.

"When did you get here?" I ask.

"Just now," she replies. "You?"

"Last night,"I try my best to wait, after all I hadn't seen Hermione all summer, but I couldn't stop the inevitable question. "Hey is-"

"Yes, Harry. She's downstairs telling Mr and Mrs. Weasley about her summer with Ollivander," Hermione cuts me off rolling her eyes slightly.

I opened my mouth about to ask more about the girl that hadn't escaped my thoughts since the last time I had seen her on the platform but before I get a chance, Hermione stormed to the other side of the room.

"Wake up!" She yells sternly. "Wake up, Ronald!"

The red headed boy awoke with a jolt. Upon seeing Hermione in front of him, his eyes grew wide and he pulled his blanket up so that it covered his chest.