♂the boy who bathed

CHAPTER FORTY
_____________________

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?"_____________________

_____________________

I storm the halls at a hurried pace, my legs moving as quickly as the thoughts that circulate my mind.

Which is quite curious, might I add, seeing that's wholly contradictory as to how I should be functioning. You know, what with the amount of sleep, or rather lack there of, I've endured lately.

I mean, really, the last time I would've had a proper, nourishing sleep? Well that's gotta have been no less than four, no five, maybe. . . No hold on, how long ago exactly did this stupid tournament make its way into my life.

My train of thought dissipates as the all too familiar pounding within my skull begins, signaling that I'm spiraling. Meaning that my brain has reached maximum capacity, there's simply no more room inside my head for anymore worrying, stressing, or thoughts.

Trying my best to return to my primary stress, this goddamn golden egg, I continue on my route to the common room in search of said egg, to fulfill Cedric's advice of taking it for a soak in the prefect's bathroom.

I've realized that I've become talented at getting so far entranced in my own thoughts, that I've begun mindlessly tuning out my surroundings into no more that background noise. I hadn't really discerned just how talented I am, until I feel a pair of hands grasp onto my shoulders, the shock from which nearly provoking a heart attack. I jump and turn around confusion replacing the shock among the sight before me.

Standing before me with red faces, staggered breaths are Ron and y/n. The pair look as though they've just finished running a marathon. And, I mean, what with how out of the loop I've been lately, for all I know maybe they did.

"What are you deaf?" Ron asks annoyed, taking brief pauses after each word to regain his breath.

"Sorry?" I question.

y/n scoffs. "Are you joking? We've only been chasing you down the corridor, shouting your name. Bet you we looked psycho."

I can't help but to comment an involuntary grin creeping up onto my face. "Still do."

y/n flashes me a deathly glare and supplies a rude gesture. 

"What's going on?" I ask my two friends with a twinge of guilt.

Usually that would not be a question Id even bother asking, I'd already know.

"Well, we don't really have the time to give you the whole story right now," Ron begins. "But-"