♂ the boy who doesn't glisten

CHAPTER TWENTY

"hey! my eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'

"hey! my eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'."

FLASH

After what the photographer had promised to be the last photo had been taken, I allow the forced smile to fall from my face and I blink my eyes rapidly. Even after what felt like hundreds of photos, my eyes were unable to adjust to the bright flashing. Due to this, I'm certain that I ruined at least 50% of the pictures we'd taken, from my watering eyes.

The journalist for the Daily Prophet takes a step towards us leaving behind her previous spot besides the photographer as she inspects the four of us.

I was less than thrilled among learning that I'd have to spend my Saturday morning taking photos for the Daily Prophet with the rest of the to-be champions. Not only did I find myself to be as bored as I'd predicted I'd be, but I discovered that we'd have to stay to be interviewed and to provide a statement about the upcoming tournament.

Hence... her. What I gathered through my first impression of her was that she was loud having emitted an overly enthusiastic, and undeniably fake, thrill of excitement when we'd arrived.

She wore very bold-colored clothes with bright red lipstick and rosy cheeks. Her short, platinum blonde hair was curled and she had glasses that rested low on her nose with gold chains on the side.

Whilst we took the photos she would occasionally yell at us to "smile more" or to "look alive." What I learned was that from her appearance to her personality there was nothing quiet about her and I'm not sure if I'm more amused or annoyed by her presence.

"What a charismatic quartet," She finally says.

No one speaks, nor moves for that matter as she brings herself closer to our group of four extending her hand for us each to shake.

"Hello. I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the Daily Prophet." She pauses, the look on her face displaying that she believes that this statement to be utterly obvious. "But of course you know that don't you?"

I didn't.

"It's you we don't know. You're the juicy news."

Rita lowers her self so she's face to face with Fleur, who's seated on a chair. She then brings her hand up and places it delicately onto the side of Fleur's face. "What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?"

Rita then stands quickly, seemingly moving on from Fluer as she walks away but not forgetting her too quickly as she gives an abrupt slap to Fluer's cheek.

Well I bet that made her cheeks rather rosy.

"What mysteries do the muscles mask?" Rita continues walking closely by Cedric reaching a hand up and giving a rough tug to his hair before grabbing more fistfuls and messing up the styled hair of the visibly uncomfortable boy. "Does courage lie beneath those curls?"