♂the boy who stressed

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
_____________________

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"_____________________

_____________________

A dance.

A dance?

Ron and I turn to each other and exchange a nervous glance. By no means do I perceive myself to be even remotely skillful when it comes to dancing. In fact, I may just be the least graceful person there is. So to me, a dance just doesn't scream enjoyable.

A 'tradition of the tournament.' I'm sorry but what about tasks such as dragon fighting have to do with a frivolous dance?

Why is this necessary? Why on earth need there be a dance, an event practically designed for me to make a fool of myself? I have plenty enough ease in making a fool of myself on my own, from mundane activities on the daily. Really, what purpose will this dance serve?

Quickly, I scan the girl's side of the room, searching for one girl in particular.

y/n. Though really, I'm looking for her reaction.

On the bright side, contrary to most other girls, she isn't squealing in excitement. That must bode well for me, I think. Less pressure that way if she doesn't have this glamorous Cinderella-type expectations.

Because know for a fact that I am no Prince Charming.

What does pose to be a cause for concern though, is how she leans back in her seat, a smirk on her face arguably mischievous.

Whatever could that mean?

"Are you gonna ask her?"

Snapping out of my thoughts I turn to Seamus Finnegan. I think about his words for a few moments before shaking my head profusely. "Sorry, what?"

He chuckles. "y/n. You're going to ask her to be your date, aren't you? I mean, you guys have been inseparable since first year, and I thought I'd heard from someone that the two of you are dating. . ."

He pauses, I assume waiting for me to confirm or deny his statement.

"Oh, yeah," I reply. "Yeah we've been together since June."

"Tsk," Seamus Finnegan snaps his fingers and shakes his head. "So I definitely can't ask her then?"

I lean over to give him a shove as Ron laughs. "No!" I exclaim. "Obviously you can't!"

Seamus holds his hands up in defeat. "Okay, okay, I won't! For all I knew what I heard could've just been a rumor, no one really knows you're dating."