♀the girl who solved

✵

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
_____________________

"𝐰𝐡𝐲'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭? 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲?"_____________________

_____________________

|you|

     I sit cross legged, my foot tapping impatiently against the stone floor. Out of the corner of my eye I glare at Harry, arms folded over my chest while the two of us sit in the headmaster's office. Me in my PAJAMAS.

     It had all happened so quickly. Just a few minutes ago I was sleeping soundly. Well the next thing I knew I was being ushered into Dumbledore's office with no explanation other than 'it's urgent.'

And when has that ever ended well?

     While the two of us wait, Dumbledore makes his way out of the office, muttering something about taking precautionary measures to ensure this conversation stays private, without any third party listeners. Harry looks to his shoes.

     "And, Harry," Dumbledore calls over his shoulder. "Might you try not to go gallivanting through my memories until I get back."

     I turn to Harry and blink three, slow times. "Galavanting? Through his what?"

     Harry shakes his head dismissively and points to a glowing blue light coming through a stone receptacle. "It's a pensive. Dumbledore keeps his memories in there and-" he looks around, presumably to make sure the professor has not yet returned before then rushing over to me. "You'll never guess what I saw."

     Trying to contain my building frustration, I take a deep, deep breath before turning to the boy and asking ever so calmly, "You've woken me up and you've dragged me all the way down here, in my pajamas, hair not even brushed, to share with me what you've seen when you went digging around in, in what? Dumbledore's weird memory storage space!?"

     "It's a pensieve."

     "I mean do I even want to know?"

     "y/n."

     "The man is old, Harry. He's probably seen a lot of things. Things of which are none of my business-"

     Harry grabs my shoulders which, in catching me off guard, flusters me just enough to get me to shut up. Man, I really hate how he's caught onto that.

     "Would you listen?" He asks, urgency laced in his worried voice.

     The expression on his face seems somewhat dire so maybe it is time to cool it with the jokes. I'm an idiot for doing so in the first place. The boy literally woke me up and brought me to the headmaster's office.