♂ the boy who argued

C H A P T E R 16

"I don't know what happened tonight and I don't know why."

"Where've you been?"

She looks as if she's been caught shoplifting or something. She looks scared. She doesn't answer for a few seconds causing my suspicion to be replaced with worry before she walks over to me. Wrapping her arms around my neck she pulls me into a hug.

Hugging her back instinctively, I feel tempted to ask her again but I manage to keep quiet as all I can seem to think about is what I feel when I hold her in my arms.

She pulls away first but I leave my hands on her waist not wanting to let go of that feeling just yet.

"Are you okay?" We ask in unison.

"Who, me?"

"Obviously!" She scoffs. "You've just been chosen for the bloody Triwizard Tournament, you know, in case you were unaware."

Despite the reminder that I will in fact be partaking in the tournament, her words almost make me crack a smile.

One of the things I love about y/n is her ability to maintain her joking demeanor in any situation.

Still though I let out a groan, "Don't remind me."

I drop my hands from her waist and return to the red armchair I'd been sat on before, worrying about y/n. This will hopefully reopen the topic.

"So, where were you?" I ask a second time although she seems to be completely fine.

y/n rolls her eyes. "If it weren't for the fact that literally only one time I was roaming the castle alone I got brainwashed and kidnapped, I'd find you three's constant worrying over the top and, while greatly appreciated, somewhat irritating," she saunters to the couch Hermione sits on and seats herself on the armrest. "I was just talking with a girl I know."

Hermione frowns. "y/n when you called out to her she ran away from you."

y/n hesitates. "I met her this summer at Ollivander's. Truly I wanted to know how she was doing. She was a frantic, petrified mess of a girl when I'd met her so I was just trying to see if she was settling in okay. She ran away because she heard that I'm. . . well you know. She got scared."

None of us seem to have a response.

"So, Harry, what did Dumbledore do when he found you? He really was fuming! I've never seen him so-"

A loud groan comes from Ron who has stayed fairly quiet throughout the last conversation. I eye Hermione and y/n who just shrug back.

An awkward silence falls over the group.