♂the boy who stinks

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
_____________________

"𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥?"_____________________

_____________________

I walk cautiously alongside Hagrid through the dark forest. The only thing that I'm really able to make out through the darkness of the night is Hagrid. Hagrid, and whatever lies in our path just a few feet ahead of us, the lamp that he had brought along with him ultimately not doing too much for us. The fog that spreads among the bases of the trees hovering over us gives off quite the eerie ambiance along as does the reoccurring crunch of leaves or snap of a twig. At least it keeps me on my toes, after all, I've had one too many near death experiences in this forest, can't let my guard down, not even for a second.

Still, I haven't the slightest clue as to why Hagrid requested to see me, nor am I aware of why exactly I'm breaking curfew to visit him in the forest. I had arrived at his hut almost immediately after Ron, Hermione, and y/n had made their way back to the castle but when I had got to Hagrid's he sent me straight back there as well. Claimed that it wasn't a good time, he told me to come back later, after the sun sets and to bring my invisibility cloak.

So that I did and we're about up to speed. Now I'm walking through the forest plagued with curiosity as to what my business is here and why Hagrid needed me to accompany him on this bizarre midnight stroll.

"Did ya bring your father's clock like I asked ya?" Hagrid asks.

"Yeah," I answer glancing down at said cloak, that I hold in my arms. "I brought the cloak. Hagrid, where are we going?"

"You'll see soon enough," he replies, dismissing my question. "Now pay attention, this is important."

I flash the large man beside me a look of annoyance for providing me with such little detail. I can't help but to notice a big, dying, orange flower pinned to his coat. "What's with the flower?" I ask curiously.

Hagrid glances down at it for only a brief moment before looking back up and remaining silent, ignoring my question completely. Intrigued by his odd behaviour, I begin studying the man more. "Hagrid," I say in the slightest disbelief. "Have you combed your hair?"

"As a matter of fact I have," Hagrid finally replies. "You might like to try the same thing now and again."

I turn away silencing myself from any further questions, suddenly feeling self conscious about my hair. Rude.

Both Hagrid and I collectively stop in our tracks in the midst of a distant roaring seeming to come from further off in the direction we're headed in.

Warily, we turn, scanning our surroundings although if anything were out there, we probably wouldn't even notice it. The only things I can make out are the trees and the evening fog. One thing I can see clear as day though, would be Hagrid's evidently nervous face. I find this weird and highly concerning, Hagrid is by no means the type to get nervous in the presence of creatures. He loves them.