Chapter 43

MARCEL'S P.O.V

I wanted to apologize to Sam for everything, for being so dramatic and for not trusting her. It's just so hard to understand why she loves me, I really don't have the qualities she deserves to have in a boyfriend.

I walked into our art class since I have been trying to avoid her all day, just to clear my head a little. I took a seat next to her and swallowed hard when she turned to look at me with her sparkly brown eyes.

"I'm sorry" I murmur and looked down at my lap "I just can't help but panic and fear that you won't want me one day"

"Marcel" she sighed and grabbed my chin "I'm truly in love with you, ever since I realized how amazing you are. I love everything about you, you are perfect in my eyes but you just don't know it"

I could feel my cheeks beginning to heat up, nobody has ever told me that before.

"I-I love you too" I admit, I have never told a girl besides my mom and Gemma that.

"I have to tell you something after school" she smiles

The teacher walked in the classroom and began to teach the class, I literally couldn't stop smiling through out the entire class period. She's in love with me and I couldn't be happier.

ASHTON'S P.O.V

I couldn't see Sam anymore, I can't stand having her close yet so far away. I decided to leave school, I can't look at Sam with someone else. I knew she wasn't going to take me back but I still wanted to try, it's obvious she doesn't love me the way I love her with all of my heart. She loves Marcel and I will admit, sometimes I want to rip that nerds head off but I won't. He makes Sam happy and that's all I want, I want to see her happy even though she has many reasons not to. I want her to forgets her past, to forget her disgusting father, her sister's death and her mother's. She deserves to be happy, even if I'm not the reason she smiles. The thought of another guy making her happy really breaks me in two but I have to let her go.

I drove to Sam's house, she's still in school but I have to pick up some things of mine. Sometimes I would sleep in her house to keep her company and I have some things in there. I walked towards the door and opened it with the key she gave me, I will leave it by a desk or something.

Her house was silent and empty, I walked down a hallway and into her bedroom. I felt an ache in my chest when I saw my clothes, they were neatly folded on the table next to her bed. I sighed as I took the clothing in my hands and walked out of her room. I looked around and smiled at myself, remembering everything we did together in this house.

When we first met, she disliked me because I was an ass to her. I would only do it get her attention though, I loved the way she would roll her eyes every time I would tease her or the way she would say my name every time I was on her last nerve. She was so hard to get, when I would attempt to flirt with her, she would just snap at me. She was always so feisty and I loved it.

I frowned when I noticed that the majority of the times we were talking, she would mention Marcel and I never really noticed.

I need a cigarette

I pulled out a cigarette from my pocket and my lighter as well. I lighted up the cigarette between my lips and felt myself feeling better.

I kept walking down the hallway but stopped in front of Ashley's door. Sam would always tell me to stay away from that room but this is my last time in this house. Fuck it.

I slowly opened the door revealing a normal room of a teenager. I walked into the room and looked around the place where I once caught Sam crying in.

I noticed that I still had the lighter in my hand so I lowered my hand to place it back in my pocket. I was too distracted by my surroundings that I accidentally dropped the lighter.

"fuck"  I groaned and I kneeled down to grab the red lighter. As I was kneeling down, my eyes landed on a air conditioner vent (a.n: I think that's how you call it) under the bed across from me. I furrowed my eyebrows when I noticed something inside of it. I walked towards the bed and pulled the mattress just a little, she I had enough space for me to look, I looked closely inside the air conditioner vent.

a journal

What is there a journal inside this thing? I noticed that the vent didn't have any nails to keep it attached to the wall. I grabbed the metallic vent and pulled it out. I then grabbed the journal in my hand and opened.

I flipped through the pages and noticed the first two word on every single page 'dear diary'

I found Ashley's diary

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE :)