Chapter 22

MARCEL'S P.O.V

(First day of senior year)

Summer went by so quickly, I didn't really went out for vacations because my mom was always busy at work and Gemma would always hang out with friends. Over the summer, mom bought me a car so i don't have to go home walking and risk getting beat up.

As soon as i entered the school, people started pushing me around and calling me names.

Through out the whole day people would made fun of me every time the teacher would call out my name, and also noticed Sam never came back to school.

I'm now at my last class and the the bell will ring at any minute.

"Oh guys, i almost forgot to go through attendance" my biology teacher said as he started calling out names, he then got to mine "Marcel Styles" i raised my hand

"Faggot" Jake said between coughs causing everyone to laugh, i hate the fact that i have Jake for several classes this year

Then the bell rang causing everyone to quickly walk out of the classroom, i grabbed my backpack and placed all my books in it

"Hey, Marcel" i heard a female voice say, i turned and saw a blond girl with blue eyes, Cynthia McKinney.  She is standing in front of me with a big smile on her face. I looked at her with confusion, how does she even know my name? She's like one of the most popular girls from here since last year and she's also a friend of Lindsey.

"Uh, Hi" i said

"I was wondering if you want to hang out with me today" she smiled, i almost choke on my own saliva as soon as i heard her say she wanted to hang out with me, why?

"You want me to hang out with you?" I asked in disbelief

"Yes" she said "we could get some pizza or something, yeah?"

"I- uh" why would she want to hang out with me, I just can't believe it. Is this a prank? "I guess" I answered

"good" she smiled, she suddenly grabbed my wrist and started writing on it

"what are you doing?" I asked

"giving you my number" she said in a duh tone, I nodded. "I'll text you where we're going to, okay?"

I nodded, she then walked out of the room leaving me in shock

***********

After Cynthia left, I got into my car and left my things at my house, I kept my usual clothes on also. She texted me the where pizzeria was at and I made my way over to it.

I got off my car and saw Cynthia sitting at a table typing on her phone

"Hi" I smiled

"oh hi" she smiled while placing her phone in her purse, I've got to admit she's a really pretty girl.

"can I ask you something?" I asked as I sat in front of her, she nodded "why do you want to hang out with me?"

"well" she trailed, she looked at me for a while as if she didn't know what to say or do, it kinda worried me "I don't like it when people bully you, you're a nice guy and you don't deserve all of that and I-"

she stopped for a moment and I only looked at her so that she would continue

"I like you, Marcel" she said

"you like me?"

"Yeah but I don't think you get it Marcel" she sighed "I really like you as in like- uh I kinda have a crush on you"