Chapter 15

MARCEL'S P.O.V

It has been a week since Sam had her nightmare, i asked her what it was about but she just told me to forget about it. Me and sam have to do this project about careers so we decided to go on laws, i talked to my mom and she got us a cop we could shadow for two hours amd watch him work.

I entered the school doors and opened my locker.

"Hi" i felt a tap on my shoulder, i turn to look at Sam smiling at me

"Hey" i smiled "my mom got us a cop we could shadow for our project"

"Really?" She asked, i nodded "when?"

"Today after school" i answered

"Where?" She asked "is he going to be one of those cops who work at the mall or something"

"No" i giggled "he works at the jail here in town"

"J-Jail?" She stuttered

"Yeah" i shook my head yes, her eyes were wide and her pace was pale "are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah" she said "lets go to c-class"

During all our classes Sam didn't seem to consentrate, every time i would turn to look at her she seemed to be in deep thoughts.

It is now lunch and i'm talking her about our project and we're going to do with the cop, i turn to look at her but didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Sam!" I said as i looked at her

"What?" She asked

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Do we have to go to shadow a cop in jail?" She ignored my question "can it be a cop who works at the mall or any other place?"

"C'mon Sam, a cop who works at the mall is not as interesting as the one who works at jail"

"I know but-" she looked at the ground not knowing what to say

"Are you scared of jail or something?" I asked

"No" she shook her head no "i just don't like being near criminals"

"You don't have to be scared of those criminals" i said as gently took her small hand in mine "there is going to be a lot of security, it's going to be almost impossible for any of them to hurt you"

"I know" she whispered

*************************

(After school)

Sam and I making our way to jail in my mom's car, i saw the building getting closer. I entered the parking lot and turne to look at Sam who was nervously playing with her fingers. I got out of the car and opened the car door for Sam, she weakly smiled at me as we enetered the building. I took some papers out of my folder and showed the to the security guard in the entrance. We are going to be shadowing a cop called Mr. Sullivan, we walked inside and quickly noticed some men handcuffed and with a grey uniform. I also noticed Sam was grabbing my arm with a lot of strengh almost digging her nail in them.

"Ow" i winced when i literally felt her nails dig on my arm "here, just take my hand"

"S-Sorry" she whispered and interwined our fingers, she looked so scared of jail it only made her look cuter.

"Marcel styles?" I heard a manly voice behind me, turn to look at a tall man with a police uniform i assume he's Mr. Sullivan

"Mr. Sullivan?" I asked

"You guys are the kids who are going to be shadowing me, right?" He asked and i nodded, he smiled and turned. We started following him.

I started asking him question about his job while we would just walk around, Sam would never let go of my hand sometimes she would give it a squeeze as she looked around the place. Mr. Sullivan looked at his watched and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"I have to take one of the prisoners to meet with someone" he said, he walked into some doors as we followed him. We entered a room with locked doors meaning we were at the cells were all the prisoners were placed.

Mr. Sullivan walked towards a certain door and opened, Sam squeezed my hand even harder this time.

"You guys have to stay some feet away from him" Mr. Sullivan said, i nodded and we took some steps away. Suddenly a tall man came out of the room with handcuffs on his hands, his brown hair was messy and brown eyes were looking at the ground.

"Oh my god" Sam gasped quietly in my ear "M-Marcel"

I turn to look her, her eyes were wide looking directly at the man walking with Mr. Sullivan

"We need to go" she said

"We have to be done with our project Sam" i answered "don't worry, he's handcuffed"

We enetered a cafeteria following Mr. Sullivan and the tall man. The tall man sat at a table were lther two men were sitting, they weren't prisoners. Mr. Sullivan made his way towards us and sighed.

"That guy disgusts me" he said

"Why?" I asked

"He raped his daughter whe she was 13 and kept on abusing her until now" he answered

"So he's new here?" I said

"He only has some months here" he shrugged, i feel bad for that girl who was raped by that guy.

"How w-"

"Under the table!" Mr. Sullivan ordered, before i could process what was going on, a gunshot was heard and i quickly pushed Sam under the table as she scremed covering her ears. I pulled her into my chest for confort. I turn to look at who was making the gun shots and saw the same tall man who Mr. Sullivan talked about with a gun in his hand and the two man bahind him halping him run out the the door while cops ran behind them.

"Where did he go!?" Sam asked

"Who?"

"The man, the man!" She shrieked

"He ran" i answered

"No,no,no,no!!" She was shaking her

"Calm down" i rubbed her back "it's ok"

"No! It's not ok" she cried "he'll hurt me"

"He won't" i shook my head, she's not making sense, why would he hurt her? "Why would he hurt you?"

"Because im his daughter!" She answered "i'm the 13 year old girl he raped!!"

Vote and comment

Excuse my grammar :)