Chapter 36

"Do that again," Harry said, still surprised, "I want to make sure I haven't lost my shit." I hesitated before jumping again, holding myself from landing back on the ground. "How the hell are you doing that?!"

"I don't know! Why am I the only one who could fly?" I was really confused. I'm not any different than the others, so why do I have an ability that they don't possess?

"This is not normal!" He said when I landed again on the ground.

"You're telling a vampire that," I mumbled.

"There you are, you two," I turned around and saw Louis approach us. "I have been looking for- oh, damn," He suddenly looked at me, his eyes scanning my body, which made me a little uncomfortable. That made him get a slap on the back of his head by Harry. I stifled a giggle. "What are you guys doing anyway?" Louis looked at us.

"Just giving her a few pointers," Harry answered before I could open my mouth. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer. 

"I heard about Luke. Man, what a douche," Louis commented. "Everyone's saying that he and Carmen were involved because Volten promised he'd give them something from Sarah. This could be true or not, you know how rumours can get around here. Oh and The Masters are starting to take their anger out on some vampires. They've lost their shit, and some vampires are getting really pissed off about it. I don't know what's going on, man, I'm so confused."

What did Volten promise he'd give those two from me? It must be my ability to fly, right? As far as I know, no vampire around here can fly. But if he knew that I had this ability, how did he know? I stayed silent anyway and decided that this is not the time to say something stupid. It took Harry a few seconds to reply, "Uh, yeah. Rumours, that's all." So he's not telling him.

"You don't happen to know what they wanted from you, Sarah, right?" Louis asked me.

I felt Harry tighten his arm around my waist, "N-no. I don't know what they wanted from me." His grip loosened.

"That's weird. Well, I gotta get going. Me and the lads will be in your cabin. Cynthia told me to tell you that she wants to speak to you two later, so drop by. Good luck, lad."

Harry nodded as a thanks, and waited for Louis to disappear from our eye sights before turning to me quickly. "Sarah, they want your power. You're the only vampire that I have ever seen fly, they must want this power from you. Just like Volten."

"I figured. What should we do?" I looked up at him, his eyes showing concentration on something.

***

"Good, you two are here," Cynthia said when she saw Harry and I approached her. "I'm going to spare you the introductory bullshit. You're here for two things. Sarah, you're considered dead now in your neighborhood, they think you died in the fire incident. I don't want you going there anymore because absolutely no one should see you. Am I clear?"

I nodded.

"In case you two haven't noticed, Sarah has an ability," She looked at us, examining our features carefully to see if we know anything about it.

"She does," Harry finally said. "And you have nothing to do about it. Volten died because of it and now ''The Masters'' are kind of jeopardized. In case you haven't noticed, there are all kinds of rumers floating around that aren't really in your favour, so I suggest you let us be, because we're not harming anyone. If you're going to do what Volten did, just track us down and make us feel like shit, you might just end up like him."

Cynthia was taken aback a little by his boldness. I mean come on, she had it coming. They're making a big deal out of it and someone had to say something. "You're out of the line," She fumed.