Chapter 6

{Harry's P.O.V}

I secretly pulled out my phone and sent a text to Sarah. I didn't want any of the boys to know I'm keeping in touch with a human. They are not against it, it's just that I really didn't want anyone to know. They were in my living room watching Fast and Furious. They were uncovered. Meaning that they weren't wearing their human disguise. Our human disguise is basically just contact lenses, to hide our red eyes. And a set of fake teeth, to hide our fangs. Anyways, I sat on the couch with my phone in both hands. My thumbs were doing a small 'thumb dance' as I was trying to figure out what to text her...at last I sent her this:

- Hey:) how r u feeling?xx

A part of my head was mentally slapping me repeatedly whenever I typed a letter. You shouldn't be doing this That voice in my head kept saying. But that's just a small voice that I will ignore. I don't know why.

It was 1:57pm and she must be awake by now.. right? I waited for the reply. Nothing. "HARRAAAAYY!", Louis shouted from the kitchen. To be honest his high-pitched voice made me jump a little. "WHAAAT?" I replied in the same silly tone, but failed. My voice is deeper than the others. "Come here" He shouted back. Groaning, I left my comfortable position on the couch and headed towards the kitchen, grabbing my phone with me. Sarah still haven't texted back. I went towards the kitchen and saw Louis at the fridge. "Man where do you keep the blood?" He asked. "Oh, In the fridge down in the basement" I informed "Wait.. can't you track it? or smell it?" He just shrugged. I knew it was just his laziness.

My phone beeped. I actually forgot that I was waiting for it to ring. I glanced at the screen and Sarah's name popped up. I unlocked the screen to see her text:

-'Better? I guess.'

-'What are you up to? x' ... Wait did I just send that?

-'Lazy day. U?:)'

-'Same... I guess I'll see you at the funeral tomorrow..' Oh, the joy of feeling guilty tomorrow.

-'Yep.'

************

{Sarah's P.O.V}

"He's totally into you," Mia gave me a small wink. I rolled my eyes at her reaction to that text that i got not too long ago. "What? you didn't like what I said? it's true though!" She continued. "Mia, don't push it" I put on my warning face playfully. "Ugh, why didn't you tell him to come over?" "I just met him yesterday! Geez girl!" I joked.

*the funeral*

I was getting ready for the funeral. I put on a black dress that ended up below my knee, black heels, and my coat. It was winter, well, to be precise it was early December. I put on one coat of mascara and lip gloss. I wanted my make up to be as light and natural as possible. It's a funeral, not a party.

I stepped outside and the cold wind blew gently across my face. I still haven't made up my mind whether to walk to the church or call a cab. Mia offered me a ride but she insisted on going early, and I didn't wanna go early. I turned my face to the right and saw Harry just coming out  from his house . He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt, his curls swept to the side. He looked stunning. He spotted me then flashed me a smile and made his way towards me. "Hey" He smiled, his dimples were showing. What a cutie. I haven't clearly noticed how low and raspy his voice was until now. "Hey" I looked down, swiping a falling strand of my straight hair. "Need a ride?" He offered. both of us were going to the same place so it wouldn't be a problem. "Um. Sure". He walked me towards his black Range Rover as he opened the door for me. "Thanks" I smiled. "Not a problem"

The car ride was short, because the church was nearby. "So why did you move in here?" He asked, eyes fixed on the road. "My mom got a job" I answered. He nodded understandingly. "What are you going to do here?" He questioned, now his eyes were looking at me occasionally. I think he was curious? "Well, I'm considering college. I graduated last July from high school so, ..yeah...". "So are you 17 or 18?" He was referring to my age (obviously). "17" I replied. I was about to ask him about his age when he said, "Well, I'm 18" He smiled. CAN I PLEASE POKE THOSE DIMPLES? He parked his car near the church as we watched people going inside the church. Everyone was wearing black to a point where it's a REALLY depressing scene. I've never been to a funeral before, there, I said it.

Harry got out of the car and jogged to the passenger side and opened the door for me once again. Such a gentleman. I got out of the car and he shut the door. As we walked together to the church, a woman in her 40's was at the church door, welcoming people with bloodshot eyes. I suppose that was Chloe's mother. Oh god, I really hate seeing mothers like this. Harry didn't look at her, his eyes were fixed on the ground. We went inside and I saw Mia sitting at the third row.

{Harry's P.O.V}

Out of all the things I truly hate, are the funerals. The lads told me to go there so people wont get more suspicious. And the worst part is that I killed the girl! and you wanna know what's worse? Seeing her mother like this. I felt like rubbish. At some point I tried convincing myself that it isn't my fault and this is the nature of a vampire, but didn't really work.

Sarah took my hand and led me to the third row. When she touched me I felt something tingly inside me, very odd. Mia was sitting there, oh god. More guiltiness. I made sure Sarah went in first then I followed. I didn't want to sit next to Mia. I didn't want to feel worse. I looked at Sarah. I just realised she looked beautiful. Her hair was straight, she had a very light make up and she still looked pretty. She was biting the inside of her cheek, I know that when some people do that it means they're nervous. "First time at a funeral, right?" I asked in a knowing way. She looked at me, I also haven't realised how beautiful her brown eyes were. "Yeah, how did you know?" She asked, amused. "You're nervous" I smirked. She smiled and looked down at her hands. "I don't feel like coming, it's just too sad and depressing" She whispered so only i could hear. She was just reading my mind. "You can always ditch you know..." I winked. Hoping she'll agree to ditch with me. I really wanted to get out of there...